Home Precious Metals
Options

50 basis points is a Pivot................SO HOW DO YOU VIEW A PAUSE ???

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2023 12:44AM

@Soldi said:

@derryb said:

@Soldi said:
    Then of course RicKard's never says anything of substance; He just rambles on and on in a past tense amounting to nothing.

He told you exactly what to expect just as he correctly did before the last 12 FED moves on interest rates. I think I'll go with what he has to say until proven wrong, unless you or BlitzBoy can convince me you are better at reading the FED. LOL

Hold it ! Slow down !! I'm gonna laminate that thought of yours and carry it around in my wallet.
    He says nothing. I've watched him CLICKBAIT on youtube for over the past week. Nothing. He says' "PLEASE LISTEN TO ME" then he regurgitates the past 15 years of history amounting to no opinion, nothing to say. NOTHING

If you'd bothered to actually read what he said you would have learned that your "he regurgitates the past 15 years of history amounting to no opinion, nothing to say" is BS.

What he said:

"My conclusion: The Fed is not done and more rate hikes are coming. September is the most likely candidate for the next rate hike as of now."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 1, 2023 9:21PM

@derryb said:

@Soldi said:

@derryb said:

@Soldi said:
    Then of course RicKard's never says anything of substance; He just rambles on and on in a past tense amounting to nothing.

He told you exactly what to expect just as he correctly did before the last 12 FED moves on interest rates. I think I'll go with what he has to say until proven wrong, unless you or BlitzBoy can convince me you are better at reading the FED. LOL

Hold it ! Slow down !! I'm gonna laminate that thought of yours and carry it around in my wallet.
    He says nothing. I've watched him CLICKBAIT on youtube for over the past week. Nothing. He says' "PLEASE LISTEN TO ME" then he regurgitates the past 15 years of history amounting to no opinion, nothing to say. NOTHING

If you'd bothered to actually read what he said you would have learned that your "he regurgitates the past 15 years of history amounting to no opinion, nothing to say" is BS.

What he said:

"My conclusion: The Fed is not done and more rate hikes are coming. September is the most likely candidate for the next rate hike as of now."

Which contradicts from some of the fortune tellers here.

You can read those words in the NYTimes every morning. It is highly unlikely there will be any rate cuts this year. So what?
    He has nothing to say, nothing about the present economy. He's parroting what any newspaper or half paid TV commentator will tell you along with a refresh of what happened 17 years ago. He's CLICKBAIT.

What is BS is what he does to get you to listen to him; "A man who has noting to add to the FED dilemma" Using the only tool the FED has. Look if the man had any sense he'd tell you about what's happening to companies around the USA YELLOW went under this past weekend 22,000 teamster jobs lost a 99 year old company gone. At least this "guru Rickard" could have for saw this dilemma. Companies running on 3 year resetting loans going from 50 million $$ loans that they can hedge for $50,000 dollars to now having to hedge at $$ 10 million dollars and they can't afford it. Look man! If the dude had anything to say, well??? He'd say it.

PS You actually read this guy? Whoa what a waste.

PS s This forum was supposed to be an exchange of ideas NOT A DEBATE and don't ever say or use the term B.S. when referring to anything I add. I SAID; THAT I ADD

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2023 1:07PM

I don't always agree with him totally, but I find Jim Rickards to be HIGHLY credible.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    I don't always agree with him totally, but I find Jim Rickards to be HIGHLY credible.

Yes, he is a credible historian. I see and hear him having nothing new to say, nothing substantial in this market.

JP Morgan made announcement regarding gold and silver.

• Options

JPM is not one to base PM decisions on. Go with what those who know the market say, not with those who control spot price movements and give opinion that serves the interest of their bullion bankers.

Who knows the market? that comes with years of following differing opinion and choosing for yourself who best knows the economy. Rickards is up there on my list. I'd share it but it serves one well to build their own list.

• Options

@derryb said:
    JPM is not one to base PM decisions on. Go with what those who know the market say, not with those who control spot price movements and give opinion that serves the interest of their bullion bankers.

Who knows the market? that comes with years of following differing opinion and choosing for yourself who best knows the economy. Rickards is up there on my list. I'd share it but it serves one well to build their own list.

Okay, but my point was they had something to say.

Lately Rickard keeps CLICK BAITING and regurgitating the last 17 years of history.

It's not like I don't look to see

• Options
    edited August 4, 2023 2:01PM

@Soldi said:

@derryb said:

Lately Rickard keeps CLICK BAITING and regurgitating the last 17 years of history.

Likely because the last 17 years have led us to where we are and where he believes it is leading us. I agree with his outlook and understand that it is based on the last 17 years.

After more than 20 years of economic self study (great resources on line) I am comfortable with my Austrian/Libertarian leanings and the vast knowledge I have independently found and continue to discover. How I apply this knowledge to my investing is not always correct as it remains and will always be a learning process that is constantly changing. I encourage all stackers to do the research in order to fully understand why they stack and to gain insight as to when it is time to unload some stack only to buy it back cheaper. Many long timers here have grown their stack simply with profits from unloading some stack (and flipping collector coins/labels ;) ) at the right time.

• Options

@derryb said:

@Soldi said:

@derryb said:

Likely because the last 17 years have led us to where we are and where he believes it is leading us. I agree with his outlook.

After more than 20 years of economic self study (great resources on line) I am comfortable with my Austrian/Libertarian leanings and the vast knowledge I have independently found and continue to discover. How I apply this knowledge to my investing is not always correct as it remains and will always be a learning process that is constantly changing. I encourage all stackers to do the research in order to fully understand why they stack and to gain insight as to when it is time to unload some stack only to buy it back cheaper. Many long timers here have grown their stack simply with profits from unloading some stack (and flipping collector coins/labels ;) ) at the right time.

MISES !!!!

WELL, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Welcome brother!

JPM always good to keep an eye on the scoundrels.

I read the editorial everyday usually three articles/people trying to impress guys like you and I.