Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

More fun then coins… a show report

Today I visited the Crystal River Armory in Crystal River, Florida. It was a good sized “small” show. Maybe 25 dealers. Slabs, raw coins, paper money, and a touch of bullion. If you’re in the area it’s worth check.

As for me I’m not sure what I’m looking for at shows. So I end up looking for uncommon plastic. Immediately saw a NGC gen 3 dime priced at $25 and snatched it up. After a little more walking I came across another dime in an ANACS soapbox. $20 later and I picked that up as well. There was also a lone 1881-s Morgan in a 62 rattler. Not a fan of rattlers so in the wild it remains.

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

You were wise to have passed on the 1881-S Morgan in MS62. 1881-S is an extremely common date Morgan even in very high grade. 62's are going to be market dogs. Like you, I am no fan of rattlers.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

nice pick-up on the Merc's Both are good looking coins.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that 1942, nice coins

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I almost went to that show, but it would have involved an overnight. As it turned out getting some work done on the house would have prevented it in any case. I am looking forward to Lakeland in December and then "the event of the year," Winter FUN.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    RandomsRandoms Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

First time I been to this one. Not sure how they were in the past. Lakeland is probably my favorite show of the year.

I tend to see rattlers at every show. NGC Gen 3 I pick up once every three or four months. Hell I spent $25 on lunch at Cedar River Seafood

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking Merc dimes. I am not slab collector. I do have a couple of NGC soap bar/box slabs that I acquired years ago... not for the slab though. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file