Home Sports Talk
Options

Packers and Bucs. Both playing like garbage

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, Both teams are playing like crap right now. both have losing records and look like they will not sniff the playoffs. I realize a team can catch fire at any point, but it doesnt look likely right now. I have seen every Bucs game and 3 GB games so far. Here are my observations.

I dont THINK either QB is washed. I cant stand Arod, but watching him, it seems his big problem is lack of weapons. He still has the arm strength and some speed, but his WR get little separation and he is often left to check downs. He is really missing Adams this season.

Tommy is a statue at this point, but the arm still has zip and the decision-making is still very solid. He is still getting the ball out very quickly. If he were not, he would probably be dead now because the OL is TERRIBLE. He has the weapons, but no time for them to get separation, or downfield. Missing 3 of 5 starters from last season.

Am I off? seeing things wrong?

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's hard to win without a running game and 2-3 quality receivers to match-up with an elite QB. Welcome to the new NFL.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same with the Rams and Forty Niners. In my opinion, the four best teams in the NFC last year were, ranked in order,...Rams, Packers, Niners, and Bucs. (Maybe Packers were #1?)....Now this year all four are playing like garbage...... Interesting development.... Interesting NFC season so far! 🤔

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

And let's not forget the Denver Broncos, who were defrauded of over $200 million.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucks are dead because they put too many eggs in the "old man basket."

Brady could still be good, but he's got no one, other than Evens who can get open consistently. If you can shut Evens down, the Bucks offense is dead. They went out and got Julio Jones, but he is washed up.

Brady is also going through a divorce which has to be a distraction. He didn't show up for practice on Saturday before the Steelers game.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Let me let everyone in on a little secret.......there are 4 teams in the Bucs division. All 4 teams are terrible at this point without a lot of hope in sight. The Bucs are the best of the Worst. They will get the whole season to figure this out. They may be 7-10 or 8-9 and win the division by 2 games. Everyone is panicking about a team in 1st place in an awful division. Tom could pull off his best magic trick ever this season in what appears to be a down league. LOL.

• Options

What the heck is this, look what Aaron Rodgers wore to a recent press conference, he went full bath robe.

• Options
    edited October 25, 2022 6:34PM

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bucs will be fine, the Packers will not.

Brady will help his team come together and Rodgers will drive his team apart.

(Let’s see how this comment ages. 🤣)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@Mickey71 said:
    Let me let everyone in on a little secret.......there are 4 teams in the Bucs division. All 4 teams are terrible at this point without a lot of hope in sight. The Bucs are the best of the Worst. They will get the whole season to figure this out. They may be 7-10 or 8-9 and win the division by 2 games. Everyone is panicking about a team in 1st place in an awful division. Tom could pull off his best magic trick ever this season in what appears to be a down league. LOL.

Yes, the Bucks are in a division with three other bad to mediocre teams, but if they don't play any better than they have for the nine quarters (Last quarter of the Atlanta game and the Steelers and Panthers games), they won't beat anybody. That's especially true if they play like they did against the Panthers.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    What the heck is this, look what Aaron Rodgers wore to a recent press conference, he went full bath robe.

everyone has their quirks, but man, is Aaron Rodgers an odd duck

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@doubledragon said:

everyone has their quirks, but man, is Aaron Rodgers an odd duck

Try to emulate Mayfield? 😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Aside from the money, Brady is really going to regret this comeback. He's like a guy who has a lifetime batting average of .350 hitting .194 in his last season.

• Options

Here is the 2022 Tampa Bay Bucks season summed up on one picture.