Home Precious Metals
Options

"Go East Young Man."

derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 19, 2022 5:34AM in Precious Metals

Gold Migrating from West to East

"There is also growing demand for silver in Asian markets, particularly India. The premium on silver has tripled in recent months."

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb ... Does that last sentence refer to premiums tripling apply only to India? Certainly not here.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

per the link, yes India.

Anytime I put something in quotes and italics I am simply quoting, verbatim, the provided link.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    "There is also growing demand for silver in Asian markets, particularly India. The premium on silver has tripled in recent months."

Is there data supporting this claim? Is the author accounting for 12% decline in the rupee vs the dollar?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

No gold flowing out of here. Only inflows. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Is there data supporting this claim? Is the author accounting for 12% decline in the rupee vs the dollar?

It's > @cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Like all reports, opinion and newsletters linked on the forum by various members one must consider the source. If one questions the report, opinion or newsletter one should ask the author.

For this linked information I trust the author. His 2008 melt down warning not only save me $100's of thousands, but following his recommendations for wealth protection I enjoyed a nice profit while most were swimming in a sea of loss and uncertainty.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2022 4:41AM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

It's > @cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Like all reports, opinion and newsletters linked on the forum by various members one must consider the source. If one questions the report, opinion or newsletter one should ask the author.

For this linked information I trust the author. His 2008 melt down warning not only save me $100's of thousands, but following his recommendations for wealth protection I enjoyed a nice profit while most were swimming in a sea of loss and uncertainty.

Authors have opinions and biases so questioning them is futile. One should question the data, as it often compiled by those with said biases and motives.

Unfortunately for us, your sigline is accurate. However it does speak for all, and we've been warned about that.

Ask questions.

• Options

What does it mean when a silver retailer wants to buy back their silver at more than they sold it to you for? LOL

• Options
    HigashiyamaHigashiyama Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn’t the appropriate question:

What does it mean when a silver retailer is offering to buy something supposedly in high demand for about 75 % of their sell price?

Higashiyama
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2022 7:39PM

@Higashiyama said:

What does it mean when a silver retailer is offering to buy something supposedly in high demand for about 75 % of their sell price?

it means they project even higher prices. LOL

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems to be a recognition that the market is volatile and is going to stay that way for awhile.

What is your interpretation? Why do you say "supposedly"?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2022 6:01PM

@derryb said:

@Higashiyama said:

it means the project even higher prices. LOL

It means there's a sucker born every minute. Lets buy into the gutter at an immediate 25% LOSS. 'Merica should start teaching economics in preschool. There's a resaon why we lag the rest of the planet. SLV zero premium. Buy click, sell click. RGDS! :sunglasses:

• Options

Your whining is starting to get old. LOL

• Options

He's just hoping that some unsuspecting bloke will come along and ignore the advice he got here on this board to sell some 90% silver at 18X to 20X.

Which is exactly what happened.

Too bad. That seller dumped some nice 90% at 12.9X and blitzie missed his big chance. All of that posturing gone to waste. :'(

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@derryb said:
    What does it mean when a silver retailer wants to buy back their silver at more than they sold it to you for? LOL

Just 2 days ago you said retailers has lots of ASE available so supply was not a determinant factor in premiums.

Do you suffer from whiplash?

• Options
    edited October 31, 2022 4:07AM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Just 2 days ago you said retailers has lots of ASE available so supply was not a determinant factor in premiums.

Do you suffer from whiplash?

Unlike some here, I suffer from common sense. I correctly said retailers had plenty in stock. Don't believe me? Place an order. LOL

I have ALWAYS said ASE premiums are a result of current demand and projected supply issues. How many times must one say the same thing over and over before you quit trying to distract discussion by change their words?

If you spent more time discussing and not shooting yourself in the foot, you might be taken more seriously.

• Options

There is no distraction. I'm using your words. Please be more careful so as to not distract us from the facts.

"Projected" is an opinion used to distract from facts.

• Options

@cohodk said:
    There is no distraction. I'm using your words. Please be more careful so as to not distract us from the facts.

"Projected" is a term used by investors to make investment decisions based on what they think will happen. Have another cup of woke coffee.

• Options
    edited October 31, 2022 4:29AM

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

"Projected" is a term used by investors to make investment decisions based on what they think will happen. Have another cup of woke coffee.

Glad you agree its an opinion.

Haven't you gone on record saying silver is not an investment?

Why do you keep using this "woke" word?

• Options

for me silver is not an investment, for others it may very well be. When ya wanna stop talking about me and start talking about PMs?

• Options

@derryb:

He can't figure out what "record demand for silver eagles" means. lol

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    @derryb:

he has blitzitis. He's more concerned with the messenger than the message.

• Options

@derryb said:
    Your whining is starting to get old. LOL

Truth hurts. RGDS!

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    @derryb:

Record demand at 850K a month? The whales are killing it. ROFLMAO!

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Time to WOKE the dinosaurs up. Get out the Geritol, mustard and Bengay. RGDS!

• Options
    edited October 31, 2022 4:12PM

850K a month is supply. "Sold Out" is demand. Very simple to understand, for most folks.

103% premium is definitely a record for silver eagles since their inception.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

850K a month is supply. "Sold Out" is demand. Very simple to understand, for most folks.

lol

and you can bet the authorized purchasers are gobbling them up as fast as they can.

• Options

and you can bet the authorized purchasers are gobbling them up as fast as they can

Yup, an inventory turn of 1 day is like free money. I wonder what the backlog of orders might be.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    and you can bet the authorized purchasers are gobbling them up as fast as they can

Yup, an inventory turn of 1 day is like free money. I wonder what the backlog of orders might be.

It seems Gutter has finally done it at $18ozt. YAY!!

• Options

@jmski52 said:

103% premium is definitely a record for silver eagles since their inception.

850K ounces of monthly gutter is peanuts. It's like 10 minutes of trading Bill Gates Microsoft stock. Chump Change as they say. THKS!

• Options

I will concede one thing - the premium of Silver Eagles is $9.00 higher than Britannias or Philharmonics - which is excessive in my opinion, regardless of supply, or demand. I could understand a difference of 2 or 3 dollars maybe, but not $9.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2022 5:01PM

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

It seems like silver has finally done it - 100+% premiums and throwing the middle finger at the spot traders. Now we wait for the bullion banker spot traders to panic and fall all over each other trying to buy.

Oh, did you hear? APMEX is out of ASEs! Shame there is no end to paper contracts. . . for now.

• Options

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

It seems like silver has finally done it - 100+% premiums and throwing the middle finger at the spot traders. Now we wait for the bullion banker spot traders to panic and fall all over each other trying to buy.

Funny, at this exact moment in time I can buy gutter at the price of spot and even some days under. It's an amazing world once you're willing to take off the blinders. SCNC!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Funny, at this exact moment in time I can buy gutter at the price of spot and even some days under.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

Funny, at this exact moment in time I can buy gutter at the price of spot and even some days under. It's an amazing world once you're willing to take off the blinders. SCNC!

Anyone can buy SLV at less than "spot" because that is all it is worth.

Silver Eagles cost a lot more than "spot" because that is what they are worth in this market.

The form that silver takes has a lot to do with the value.
    Paper representatives are always at the bottom of the ranking, for good reason.

• Options
    edited November 1, 2022 3:49AM

Paper representatives ARE NOT silver. They are promises for silver that may or may not actually exist. The promises have no limit of supply. Their only use to the stacker or investor is short term trading in an effort to profit from volatile short term silver spot gains. Odds are in your favor that the counterparty risk in the short term is negligible.

So, yes, save money and buy promises. Be aware that they are simply a promise. A silver eagle in my hand has no such counterparty risk. That is why it sells for more than a promise.

• Options

SLV is only vaporware. Nothing more.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

The promise that it is physically in the vault is meaningless. If it is there it has at least three different owners.

• Options

The promise that it is physically in the vault is meaningless. If it is there it has at least three different owners.

The operative word here is "If".

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited November 1, 2022 4:27PM

@derryb said:

@jmski52 said:

APMEX ASE premiums are meaningless. You can pay 100% over if you want but you're LCS is only going to pay you spot to spot +2. That is if you are willing to leave your bunker with a pallet jack to haul it all down there. Click-click. RGDS! :sunglasses:

• Options
    edited November 1, 2022 4:57PM

LCS is only going to pay you spot to spot +2.

Your credibility is about less than zero. Note that earlier in this very thread, it's been documented that even Apmex is paying $10 over.

Less than zero. Why not join the conversation instead of degrading it?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

Your credibility is about less than zero. Note that earlier in this very thread, it's been documented that even Apmex is paying $10 over.

I did join the conversation. You can pay $18 over for gutter all you want and turn around and sell it for $2 over or even $10 over in your fantasy unicorn APMEX land (Still a $8 loss :roll) and I can buy and sell SLV click click no premium, no lowball offers......As simple as 101. Get out the pallet jack. ROFL! RGDS!!!

• Options

Why are we talking about serious stackers paying ridiculous premiums? They have already stacked ASEs at much lower premiums. Those who continue to stack, myself including, are choosing much lower premium silver. New players should take heed and look for bargains among 5 and 10 oz. bars, the ASE ship has sailed. Bullionexchanges.com is a good place to start.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 6:19PM

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

I did join the conversation. You can pay $18 over for gutter all you want and turn around and sell it for $2 over or even $10 over in your fantasy unicorn APMEX land (Still a $8 loss :roll) and I can buy and sell SLV click click no premium, no lowball offers......As simple as 101. Get out the pallet jack. ROFL! RGDS!!!

I will pay $10 per share for SLV. Not a cent more.

Next year 50% of "spot". And the year after that 40% of "spot" ... and so on.

• Options

I can buy and sell SLV click click no premium, no lowball offers......As simple as 101.

I think that's what you should do. You can play with your pretend market and you'll be all upset when they default on your position before you can convert it to real metal. Have fun!

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

PSLV is trading at a 2% discount.

• Options

@derryb said:

@jmski52 said:
    @derryb:

You're the one always calling people names? What is your priority?

Can someone please support the claim of record ASE demand with some actual numbers?

• Options

@derryb said:
    Oh, did you hear? APMEX is out of ASEs!

Don't show sold out on their website. Why do you feel the need to spread misinformation?

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

@jmski52 said:
    @derryb:

You're the one always calling people names? What is your priority?

Can someone please support the claim of record ASE demand with some actual numbers?

Actual numbers, if supply exists consider demand the culprit:

• Options
    edited November 3, 2022 5:14AM

You show the price of an ASE from a retail outlet but we are still waiting for demand numbers.

Just a few quotes above you state this same outlet is out of ASE, now you show them as offering ASE for sale. Perhaps if your comments were not so hypocritical we would accept your views, hyperbole, narrative and rhetoric.

• Options

The only real demand numbers for ASEs would have to be obtained from the major dealers, and remarks by some of those dealers at a recent conference have already been provided in this thread, in addition to the remarks that Bill Holter has already made in several blog posts. Scroll up.

Just a few quotes above you state this same outlet is out of ASE, now you show them as offering ASE for sale. Perhaps if your comments were not so hypocritical we would accept your views, hyperbole, narrative and rhetoric.

Perhaps you should check with Apmex and ask them about their situation. Maybe they got a recent shipment that allowed them to put more ASEs up for sale. Or, is that too far of a stretch for you?

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@cohodk said:

Here's some data on recent gold demand from central banks: