Home U.S. Coin Forum

Am I Wrong? GreatCollections Customer Service Woes

13»

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,525 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    That was quite a battle I got involved in that evening to win that 1978-D Kennedy (pop 2/0 at the time) specimen at GC. But, the bigger question I have for JFK-Collector ——- did you pick up the pop 3/0 coin when it was later made? I hope you did.

Wondercoin.

Lol. What are the odds that we found the other bidder?

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mitch,

I ended up with 26 coins from Richard Green's collection and he had a good eye….

Not sure if Richard mentioned it to you, but he got into those MS Kennedy coins after he sold me whatever I wanted (“first shot”) from his landmark MS silver Washington quarter collection that he was selling off. I bought 10 coins from the set and he asked me what he should do next. I suggested MS Kennedy coins as his next pursuit. At that time, I had just been offered both #1 MS sets that were tied for first place in the PCGS registry from 2 separate board members. He proposed that if I would keep the dupe coins he didn’t want, he was in. He loved white coins and the sets had some really cool toned specimens in them, so I was in too. I never sold virtually any of the coins I received in that deal and dabbled in the MS Kennedy coins for years thereafter, but didn’t get “serious” with them until a few years ago. Congratulations on your fabulous variety collection!

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@wondercoin said:
    That was quite a battle I got involved in that evening to win that 1978-D Kennedy (pop 2/0 at the time) specimen at GC. But, the bigger question I have for JFK-Collector ——- did you pick up the pop 3/0 coin when it was later made? I hope you did.

Wondercoin.

Might be worth a stand-alone thread but I’ve discovered I was bidding against a fellow forum member on many occasions, including this PCGS 1.1 a couple weeks ago:

Tim

@pointfivezero said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin.

Might be worth a stand-alone thread but I’ve discovered I was bidding against a fellow forum member on many occasions, including this PCGS 1.1 a couple weeks ago:

Tim

Rare plastic. Nice

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 22,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JFK_Collector said:

Thank you.

I now just wish customer service or Ian had told me this back in 2019.

How many people told you that, with various examples, in this thread, while you still fought to say that something in their system went wrong? Perhaps you were told the same thing back then but had the same response as here.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • JFK_CollectorJFK_Collector Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

@airplanenut said:

@JFK_Collector said:

Thank you.

How many people told you that, with various examples, in this thread, while you still fought to say that something in their system went wrong? Perhaps you were told the same thing back then but had the same response as here.

As stated earlier, when I contacted customer service, they could not explain what happened and told me that someone above them would contact me. I did get a phone call from Ian, and he told me that he would find out what happened and get back to me. I never heard back. So, to answer your speculation, no I was not told the same response back then.

Several members gave their thoughts and speculations on how the auctions worked. You even qualified one of your responses, “If it works like eBay”, which means to me that you don’t know how Great Collections works. Other members expressed their opinions which turned out to being correct.

MetroD is the one that gave a direct answer to my concern and provided a source which was documented, it would have been nice if customer service or Ian had told me this back at the time.

• JFK_CollectorJFK_Collector Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    Mitch,

I ended up with 26 coins from Richard Green's collection and he had a good eye….

Not sure if Richard mentioned it to you, but he got into those MS Kennedy coins after he sold me whatever I wanted (“first shot”) from his landmark MS silver Washington quarter collection that he was selling off. I bought 10 coins from the set and he asked me what he should do next. I suggested MS Kennedy coins as his next pursuit. At that time, I had just been offered both #1 MS sets that were tied for first place in the PCGS registry from 2 separate board members. He proposed that if I would keep the dupe coins he didn’t want, he was in. He loved white coins and the sets had some really cool toned specimens in them, so I was in too. I never sold virtually any of the coins I received in that deal and dabbled in the MS Kennedy coins for years thereafter, but didn’t get “serious” with them until a few years ago. Congratulations on your fabulous variety collection!

Wondercoin

Mitch - Yes Richard told me that story a few times and told me that you were great to work with. Thanks for the compliment on our variety set, it has been fun working on and we are down to just needing to finding 49 more.

@pointfivezero said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@wondercoin said:

Wondercoin.

Tim

Rare plastic. Nice> @JFK_Collector said:

@airplanenut said:

@JFK_Collector said:

Thank you.

As stated earlier, when I contacted customer service, they could not explain what happened and told me that someone above them would contact me. I did get a phone call from Ian, and he told me that he would find out what happened and get back to me. I never heard back. So, to answer your speculation, no I was not told the same response back then.

Several members gave their thoughts and speculations on how the auctions worked. You even qualified one of your responses, “If it works like eBay”, which means to me that you don’t know how Great Collections works. Other members expressed their opinions which turned out to being correct.

MetroD is the one that gave a direct answer to my concern and provided a source which was documented, it would have been nice if customer service or Ian had told me this back at the time.

Several members gave you more than speculation, telling you exactly what MetroD's link said. You interpreted it as speculation. It happens to me EVERY SINGLE WEEK. In fact, that is the reason many of us bid odd numbers, trying to steal an item by a few cents or, at the very least uncover the top bid. When I bid $40.88 and the high bid is $42, I know that is the max bid of the other bidder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file