Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Long Beach Coin Show: Okay to go on Saturday?

I want to go to the Long Beach coin show to see some vendors, particularly Angel Dee’s and Great Collections, I was wondering if they will still be there Saturday morning? From people who have been to coin shows, is it still worth it to go Saturday morning (the last day?)

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

All multi-day shows are less populated on the last day. Anyway, you should contact Angel Dee’s and Great Collections directly to find out if they'll be there. Not sure why you would ask anyone else.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

I was asking ‘anyone else’ because I wanted to get a sense from the coin community if it’s worth it for me to make the 1 1/2 hour drive to go there, even if Angel Dee’s and GC is there.

Seriously, why doesn’t anyone post anything anywhere? If you don’t feel you can add anything to a discussion, just move on to the next one.

• Options
    TheMayorTheMayor Posts: 221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have attended major shows on the last day and enjoyed myself. Often half of the tables or more are empty or unattended, but that still leaves a lot of tables/coins to peruse. Try to get there early if you can, it starts looking even more sparse later in the day.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

As Mark wrote, if you want to see specific dealers, contact them directly and ask. Otherwise, I would say 'no.' I left Long Beach at 3:30 this afternoon. Many dealers had already left and I doubt they'll be returning tomorrow, especially if they're from out of the area.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Davidcoins... Be sure to write a show report.... including 'last day dealer attendance' details. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Davidcoins said:
    I was asking ‘anyone else’ because I wanted to get a sense from the coin community if it’s worth it for me to make the 1 1/2 hour drive to go there, even if Angel Dee’s and GC is there.

David - You said "I want to go to the Long Beach coin show to see some vendors, particularly Angel Dee’s and Great Collections, I was wondering if they will still be there Saturday morning?"

The question mark indicated to me that it was a question and that you were looking for an answer. Anyway, I'm over it.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file