Home Precious Metals
Options

Simple prediction thread: Where will gold and silver prices be in one year?

13»

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    I continue to dump it as I find someone dumb enough to buy it. THKS!

You should at least get under Apmex's pricing if you really are trying to sell ASEs.

The gutters always for sale. The Metal of Kings never is. Perhaps one day you will wake up....it really is the simplest of lessons. HPPY NWYR!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    My DCA on physical gutter is sub $20/ozt. If you factor in decades of inflation well it certainly wasn't the brightest move I ever made but still not YET a loss. That said the money parked there would have done much better just about anywhere else. Cripes, hoarding dingleberries would have been a better investment. The majority of my gutter dealings these days is in the SLV, I haven't bought physical gutter for quite some time. Only a few green boxes, about $1000FV 90% junk and a couple hundred ozt of miscellaneous govt issued rounds remain. I continue to dump it as I find someone dumb enough to buy it. THKS!

That is a terrible sales pitch. :(

PS:
    You should discount your prices so you can sell it all quick before the price drops ! ;)

• Options

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:
    My DCA on physical gutter is sub $20/ozt. If you factor in decades of inflation well it certainly wasn't the brightest move I ever made but still not YET a loss. That said the money parked there would have done much better just about anywhere else. Cripes, hoarding dingleberries would have been a better investment. The majority of my gutter dealings these days is in the SLV, I haven't bought physical gutter for quite some time. Only a few green boxes, about $1000FV 90% junk and a couple hundred ozt of miscellaneous govt issued rounds remain. I continue to dump it as I find someone dumb enough to buy it. THKS!

Exactly! See even you can learn the gutter is a terrible place to be. I always knew that eventually you would come around. RGDS!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@dcarr said:

@blitzdude said:

Exactly! See even you can learn the gutter is a terrible place to be. I always knew that eventually you would come around. RGDS!

No that is not it.
    Just sell and be done with it already.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

He won't match or compete with Apmex's market pricing because he can't bear to take a loss on a trade that went against him. He expects to sell his ASEs for MORE than Apmex's price, so it's pretty clear that he doesn't believe in a free market.

If he did, he wouldn't be badmouthing silver while trying to sell it at a higher price than the market is demanding.
    He's truly an interesting case study, and not too difficult to figure out.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    edited December 31, 2023 8:28AM

@jmski52 said:
    He won't match or compete with Apmex's market pricing because he can't bear to take a loss on a trade that went against him. He expects to sell his ASEs for MORE than Apmex's price, so it's pretty clear that he doesn't believe in a free market.

If he did, he wouldn't be badmouthing silver while trying to sell it at a higher price than the market is demanding.
    He's truly an interesting case study, and not too difficult to figure out.

I've been slowly offloading the gutter at my advertised sell prices but thanks for your concern.

I've also been in and out of the SLV probably 10 times this year while your physical gutter assets lost .02 cents to spot on the year, an additional 4.1% to inflation not to mention the monumental collapse in premiums. One would have to try very hard to lose $$$ in 2023 but it appears you have succeeded. Good Job Ace! RGDS!!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2023 10:07AM

One would have to try very hard to lose $$$ in 2023 but it appears you have succeeded. Good Job Ace! RGDS!!

I'm extremely satisfied with what my spreadsheet tells me. My main problem has been realized tax gains.

I was pointing out the inconsistencies in your attitudes toward silver, but it must've blown right past you. :)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:
    One would have to try very hard to lose $$$ in 2023 but it appears you have succeeded. Good Job Ace! RGDS!!

I'm extremely satisfied with what my spreadsheet tells me. My main problem has been realized tax gains.

I was pointing out the inconsistencies in your attitudes toward silver, but it must've blown right past you. :)

The only people that consider the gutter a precious metal are the ones selling it and those that hoard it. 2024 is calling, you've been duped. THKS!

• Options

Some people were born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
    Others apparently have a silver fork up the a$$.

@blitzdude said:

@jmski52 said:

The only people that consider the gutter a precious metal are the ones selling it and those that hoard it. 2024 is calling, you've been duped. THKS!

You are not a valid spokesperson for the vast majority of people who do not hoard or sell silver.

If you came on here are wrote "silver is not a precious metal TO MYSELF", then that would have been an accurate statement.
    But to make a blanket claim that nobody outside a certain group considers it to be a "precious metal" is entirely false.