Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Help: PSA 'NO SPEC INFO' on items with pop count - Contact?

Hello,

I have an $18 July sub at PSA currently that was hammered with NO SPEC INFO designations, most seem silly to me but PSA has always been difficult with anything oddball or "outside of beckett" items.

However, two of them in particular are cards that PSA has been grading for some time with a pop of 27 total and were easily pulled up when I filled out the sub form online (1313000003).

Does anyone have a contact who can assist with this? I got a boilerplate "we checked and couldnt find anything" reply to my question about them but they clearly did not check out the pop report link or details of the situation.

Thanks!

fka jacksoncoupage, comc.com: junkwaxgems, ebay: junkwaxgems

Comments

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck. I submitted some cards that were in the pop report that got rejected. Tried contacting PSA, was a complete waste of time.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • junkwaxgemsjunkwaxgems Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Good luck. I submitted some cards that were in the pop report that got rejected. Tried contacting PSA, was a complete waste of time.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the responses I got were AI/bot.

When you entered your rejected items into the sub form on their site, was there a drop down option for them?

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posting here was wise but PSA is just overwhelmed right now - there’s no other way to say it. I wish you the best of luck and I hope someone sees your post and helps you out but I would not count on it. At all. That’s just the reality and if you look at the Grade Poppage Thread, you’ll be able to get a better sense for what’s going on with turnaround times and customer service.

On the bright side, you probably won’t be charged for the “no spec’d” items and can just resend them in at a later date.

Good luck and hope for the best!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

@junkwaxgems said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the responses I got were AI/bot.

When you entered your rejected items into the sub form on their site, was there a drop down option for them?

Yes they were.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Posting here was wise but PSA is just overwhelmed right now - there’s no other way to say it. I wish you the best of luck and I hope someone sees your post and helps you out but I would not count on it. At all. That’s just the reality and if you look at the Grade Poppage Thread, you’ll be able to get a better sense for what’s going on with turnaround times and customer service.

On the bright side, you probably won’t be charged for the “no spec’d” items and can just resend them in at a later date.

All of your points are true, however when I pay anyone for a service, I still expect value for my money. "We're busy" isn't acceptable. Even before the glut of cards hit PSA, they were a waste of time dealing with when they made an error. Simply replying "your request has already been denied" and giving you nowhere to go is very poor business. I have found that the only way to fix any problems is to just resubmit and wait, hoping they get it right the second time.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:

All of your points are true, however when I pay anyone for a service, I still expect value for my money. "We're busy" isn't acceptable. Even before the glut of cards hit PSA, they were a waste of time dealing with when they made an error. Simply replying "your request has already been denied" and giving you nowhere to go is very poor business. I have found that the only way to fix any problems is to just resubmit and wait, hoping they get it right the second time.

I hear you…

…and when he went to Ford’s Theater, I bet Abraham Lincoln expected to see a play…

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

I definitely have been very looped in with the PSA state of affairs (I had an 15+ month sub) and the various threads on various forums detailing everyone's issues with them. In this case, and I believe, Joe Banzai's, having cards rejected that PSA accepts as 'NO SPEC INFO' and no contact human to reach for an answer beyond boilerplate auto-responses isn't acceptable.

Hopefully there is someone on this forum who could put a word in someone's ear to help with what seems like an easily corrected mistake on PSA's part.

There was a person at PSA that was helpful. Gayle Keane, I think her name was. Also someone named Cosetta Robbins (?). They aren't actually involved with some of the issues discussed here, but they might put you in contact with a real person who might help.

• MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Cosetta Robbins robbinsc@collectors.com manages the Set Registry. She may be able to help with a card that should have a SPEC NUMBER, but is showing as NO-SPEC INFO. I had a number of graded cards that were not registering due to an error. She also provided the below information if there is a database issue. It does not mean that the submission team will be able to make the necessary reviews to the POP, or the database, but it might be of some help.

"If an item does not appear correctly in the database, please submit a ‘ticket’ with PSA CRC (Customer Request Center) for assistance in correcting the discrepancy. When using the CRC feature, you are communicating directly with the PSA Operations/Research team. You can access the CRC by visiting the PSA home page, hover over the Services tab and then select the Customer Request Center option. Follow the instructions by providing the necessary data and submit your request."

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2022 9:46PM

fill out a research request through the PSA customer dashboard and someone should get back to you quick about it. if its already identified and has a spec ID, I dont see where the issue is, unless you misidentified it.

the spec ID you posted, 1313000003, doesnt come back to anything.

what card was it?

myslabs.to/smzcards

• @dictoresno said:
    fill out a research request through the PSA customer dashboard and someone should get back to you quick about it. if its already identified and has a spec ID, I dont see where the issue is, unless you misidentified it.

the spec ID you posted, 1313000003, doesnt come back to anything.

what card was it?

The number that PSA assigned it when I selected it from the drop-down options was 1313000003.

Here is the pop report entry:

[https://www.psacard.com/pop/baseball-cards/1991/stadium-club-promo/46818]

This the card: Nolan Ryan Credit Card

@MrG said:
    Cosetta Robbins robbinsc@collectors.com manages the Set Registry. She may be able to help with a card that should have a SPEC NUMBER, but is showing as NO-SPEC INFO. I had a number of graded cards that were not registering due to an error. She also provided the below information if there is a database issue. It does not mean that the submission team will be able to make the necessary reviews to the POP, or the database, but it might be of some help.

"If an item does not appear correctly in the database, please submit a ‘ticket’ with PSA CRC (Customer Request Center) for assistance in correcting the discrepancy. When using the CRC feature, you are communicating directly with the PSA Operations/Research team. You can access the CRC by visiting the PSA home page, hover over the Services tab and then select the Customer Request Center option. Follow the instructions by providing the necessary data and submit your request."

Thank you for this lead. I have reached out to her.

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

it looks like PSA may no longer grade it. I see it in the pop report, but when you try filling that spec ID or the description into the submission form, nothing pops up.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• RufussCkingstonRufussCkingston Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2022 7:21PM

My guess is they stopped grading them because they in sense had someone's personal information on it. And also in that sense, each one is a 1 of 1....

Hopefully you weren't trying to grade this one issued to Nolan Ryan ;)https://www.ebay.com/itm/394187291678

@RufussCkingston said:
    My guess is they stopped grading them because they in sense had someone's personal information on it. And also in that sense, each one is a 1 of 1....

Hopefully you weren't trying to grade this one issued to Nolan Ryan ;)https://www.ebay.com/itm/394187291678

Yeah, one is “issued” to Ryan and another to Griffey.

In the last few days since the whole back and forth with PSA about it, it no longer appears in the drop down menu when I attempt to create a new submission and add it. Guess that’s my answer.

The bot/generic replies from PSA can’t acknowledge these specific cards but instead when asked to, refer to the collective 7 N9 NO SPEC INFO cards within the sub, meaning they aren’t reading the information provided about this card within my emails. They reply to them as if I’m “complaining” about all of the N9 items. Really frustrating.