Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another laughable ‘55 doubled die (relisted)

justmenutty72justmenutty72 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
edited September 13, 2022 1:10PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Seller insists that it’s real and was part of grandpa’s collection. He says his coin guy looked at it and authenticated it. I already reported it to eBay, but the more reports the better. Let’s get this listing pulled.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/354261270314

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the seller ended the listing. ;)

• Options

Listing has been removed by seller. Still insisting that it’s real, just removing it for my sake he says. What a friggin joke! He’s taking it to another coin shop to have it authenticated 😂🤣😅

• Options

After I provided him pics of an authentic piece and 2 other counterfeits identical to his, he insisted I was wrong and that he had it authenticated by his coin guy. He then said that counterfeit coins weren’t made over 50 years ago. Totally idiotic. Damn, I laid into that lad😂🤣 don’t know what got into me but man was I merciless 🤣😂😝😎 maybe he’ll think twice before he lists another bogus coin.🤔🤨

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bogus. It'll get posted again :/

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭✭✭

His nose just returned from Rome.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, he’s a happy chap, in that one. Lincoln never looked so dapper.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like the variety of counterfeit that’s been floating around for years with a coat of dark toning.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see it is gone... but likely will be back. Thanks for the picture - obvious fake. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even a well done fake.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

@johnny9434 said:

@ricko said:
    Glad to see it is gone... but likely will be back. Thanks for the picture - obvious fake. Cheers, RickO

I’m watching him like a hawk. I don’t think he wants another dose of what I gave him though😂🤣😝

• Options

Check this piece out. Found this one quite some time ago. It’s an identical fake but in a fake PCGS holder. Can’t believe someone would put such a poor fake in a holder and try to pass it off as authentic.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

@justmenutty72 said:

@johnny9434 said:

@ricko said:

I’m watching him like a hawk. I don’t think he wants another dose of what I gave him though😂🤣😝

Good job 🤓

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2022 1:39PM

Sad indeed

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

With any fake, you definitely need to know your series.

• Options

This seller is a real 🤬🤬🤬like ricko said “it will be back”. Seller has relisted this counterfeit and has threatened to report me to eBay for harassment. I already reported it, but the more reports the better. Let’s get this off of eBay. This seller knows what he’s doing and is intentionally trying to sell a fake.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/354277686990

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that Abe Lincoln or Julius Caesar...?? Great Caesar's ghost!!!

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    Is that Abe Lincoln or Julius Caesar...?? Great Caesar's ghost!!!

neither. IT's Baberaham Lincoln.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

After a few nasty messages back & forth the seller has ended the listing. ;):D

• Options

Good job @ifthevamzarockin 👍👍😉😎guy had every intention of ripping someone off. Real scumbag

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file