Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Broken wings and cement shoes.

I Probably shouldn't be here. I'm just a pocket change collector. Love to look at the well circulated coins, the survivors. Like these two.

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @Gyroticular What do you think you've got here, in these two coins? Use the keyword search feature to reveal topics that interest you. Good luck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put them in your album and keep looking for better examples and dates you're missing.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gyroticular... Welcome aboard. Get a coin album for quarters and start to build the series from pocket change. That is a great part of the hobby and how many, many of us started. Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gyroticular

You most definitely should be here if you enjoy coins. Everyone has different tastes, but we all are here for the simple enjoyment the hobby brings.

Welcome

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

Trying to build a collection of undamaged circulated coins could actually be an interesting challenge.

• Options
    shortnockshortnock Posts: 371 ✭✭✭

Good luck in your picking. Enjoy the hobby.

• Options
    FrazFraz Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your photo skills are superior to mine. You didn’t hurt George’s image at all.

• Options
    lcutlerlcutler Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

There are many different ways to collect coins, none are right or wrong. Welcome.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum. I can see already that cryptic thread titles are a strong point of yours.

• Options

All I think I have here is hours of enjoyment. Damaged coins, damaged people, it's what makes life interesting. Those two birds were at a disadvantage from the start. Broken wings no claws, but they didn't complain, they didn't opt out for a job in some cushy display case. These two birds went to work in the vending mines. The many hands they passed through, the many things they purchased, the many wounds they received , the many scars they bear. Never seeking to be more than a working quarter. I'll keep them a while, give them a rest, then set them free to do what they've always done without fail or complaint.
    Close to quitting time at the mint, mintworker Joe was told to change out a reverse Lincoln penny die, well Joe got in a hurry, and put a reverse dime die in instead. Joe was fired before he could tell them that he hadn't accounted for all the coins struck with the broken reverse penny die prior to it's replacement with the incorrect reverse dime die, somebody managed to pocket the penny with dime reverse. It gets one of those cushy display jobs. But it's predecessor , the causation,went to work in the disposable change mines. Found between two floorboards of an old house.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cent looks like Post Mint Damage. :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file