Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Mint Sent My Friend Baby Wipes!

I wish this was an April’s fools joke but it is not.

Instead of 9 quarter roll sets, there were 4 baby wipe packages.

Has anyone had this happen to them?!

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were from Denver they may be Mint Errors

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least with the bubble-wrap, they are probably still in mint condition.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s likely that the fulfillment center that the Mint uses services other vendors, and so a mixup like this isn’t particularly strange. However, you would think that the security required to process the Mint’s orders would not be the same for wipes!

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GoldenEgg said:
    It’s likely that the fulfillment center that the Mint uses services other vendors, and so a mixup like this isn’t particularly strange. However, you would think that the security required to process the Mint’s orders would not be the same for wipes!

Where were you during the early panic days of the pandemic? Not in the supermarket for sure... those four packs were worth 50 or 60 dollars.

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

They could've at least sent these:

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Send them in to get graded.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 of the 4 might c.a c

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now that is quite the shipment error. Will be interested in what the Mint has to say when you call them. Please post a follow up with the 'rest of the story'. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D As an addendum thought I just had.... The packer probably thought 'He will s--t when he sees these.' Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't wait to hear what the mint has to say.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was the box tampered with during shipment? Do you think there was a mix up at the fulfillment center or a swaparoo during transit?

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad they weren't rolls of TP...

• Options
    GrantuGrantu Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

What’s you best price on those? I can’t go anything above price guide on that. lol

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JohnThePainter said:
    Some frantic mom somewhere with a shit covered baby is gonna be real mad when she tears open that box of quarters.

They probably use them in house.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@P0CKETCHANGE said:
    Pics or it didn’t happen.

I'd like to see the top of the box to see proof of their shipping.

Cover up his name for privacy reasons.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad the box is opened.. it does not qualify for first strike designation. What do you think our host would have said? They have slabbed grasshoppers before.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, a lot of the Mint's current products are sh... well you know where I'm going with this

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭✭✭

Getting rid of some surplus...

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

...and someone is going to be wiping their kid's butt with Mint rolls of quarters?!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    ...and someone is going to be wiping their kid's butt with Mint rolls of quarters?!

Or wash and dry a number of loads of laundry at the laundromat 😉🦫🙀
    May provide the first circulated S uncirculated quarters. Imagine coming across one in change 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Weather11am said:
    I wish this was an April’s fools joke but it is not.

Instead of 9 quarter roll sets, there were 4 baby wipe packages.

Has anyone had this happen to them?!

Yes! I used them on my hind-quarters. ;)

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job U S Mint!

M I C... K E Y.. M O U S E !

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭✭✭

To the OP, can you let us know how the return/refund conversation goes with the mint? I’m curious to know if the customer service agent has heard of this before and easily helps with a return shipping label, or if they are going to be difficult and not accept the return.

Your friend definitely needs to call customer service so they can document that he received the wrong item. If he just sends the wipes back, he may not get a refund at all.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2022 7:53PM

I’m not buying this. An open box with 4 packages of wipes is just a picture, just not happening. Sorry, but funny joke😁
    Does anyone really think this occurred? 😉🦫🙀

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be honest, I've never gotten a package from the mint, in the last 17 yrs I've ordered from them that contained any bubble wrap in it.

• Options
    UpGrayeddUpGrayedd Posts: 497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:
    To be honest, I've never gotten a package from the mint, in the last 17 yrs I've ordered from them that contained any bubble wrap in it.

I cannot confirm the OP's pics, but I can say that I recieved a package from the Mint this week, and it was a large box (much larger than necessary) with the exact same type of bubble wrap shown.

Philippians 4:4-7

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bsshog40 said:

They use a fulfillment center. What’s more likely is the labels got swapped so everything was packaged properly for what it is, but shipped to the wrong place.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

at least the truck driver did not leave them an empty box

was there a packing slip?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

Fulfillment center. Not the Mint.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

Hired by mint. Still responsible, sorry.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

If this particular event really happened. I would also like to see full label and packaging.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

If this particular event really happened. I would also like to see full label and packaging.

This is not a reasonable request. He may not want to put his name and home address on a public forum due to security concerns.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just like in the opening of Indiana Jones, the treasure was switched for an approximate weight so nobody would know some bogus product was in transit. Lucky it wasn't switched with a bag of sand!!!!

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2022 4:40AM

At least he can clean off the poop from the garbage that the mint is selling.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    jeffas1974jeffas1974 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wonder if they'd leave hairlines?

• Options

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

So if your doctor whom you hired commits malpractice and kills your mother/wife/daughter, you're responsible. Got it! Thanks for the correction.

• Options

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

@PerryHall said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

This is not a reasonable request. He may not want to put his name and home address on a public forum due to security concerns.

If you think the story is bogus, it is equally easy to simply send you a picture of a Mint shipping box and label that had actual coins in it. You would (apparently) need video of the actual box opening as well as full pictures of all of the seams on the sealed box.... and then you could STILL claim it's a clever forgery.

• Options
    SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

So if your doctor whom you hired commits malpractice and kills your mother/wife/daughter, you're responsible. Got it! Thanks for the correction.

Not even close to being similar.

• Options

@SIowhand said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@mark_dak said:
    Nice job U S Mint!

Not even close to being similar.

Pretty close to identical.

While the Mint is responsible to their customer to make things right, they are not a "Mickey Mouse" organization (the post I was responding to) or responsible for committing the error.

And you could argue that if you hired an incompetent doctor who killed your wife, you share responsibility for the tragedy. Since, like the Mint, you share responsibility with the contractor you hired. Or you don't... I'm okay with it either way.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf That's a really bad analogy. If you hire a contractor to build you a house and it falls down, do you go after the contactor or his subcontractors?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    @jmlanzaf That's a really bad analogy. If you hire a contractor to build you a house and it falls down, do you go after the contactor or his subcontractors?

Actually, probably both.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@PerryHall said:

Actually, probably both.

And if you go after the contractor, he'll go after the subcontractor. But the financial liability is different than the actual "moral" responsibility for the error.

And, in keeping with the original suggestion, if you hire a contractor and your house falls down, do you go after yourself??? I guarantee your wife is going to want YOU to get the house fixed. So, you can argue that everyone from the customer to the contractor to the sub-contractor bear some form of responsibility for fixing the problem. But only one party - to my mind - is "responsible" for committing the actual misdeed and that is the person who actually performed it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file