Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

VSS Variety Slabbing Services Question

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever used this company or has a coin slabbed by them? Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

https://www.varslab.com/vamslab.html

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@messydesk

i've sent him probably 100 coins

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

Can I see a few pictures of your slabs?

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

That works @yosclimber. Thanks very much!! 👍🏻

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice that they show what to look for - some of the Vam attributes are so small you need some magnification to see them.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@Steven59 said:
    Nice that they show what to look for - some of the Vam attributes are so small you need some magnification to see them.

Man, you got that right!! 👍🏻

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can ask VSS but others here besides myself may like to know. Is the photo in the VSS "Coin World" slab of the coin in the holder or a "stock" photo?

• Options

• Options

@messydesk said:

@MWallace said:
    I can ask VSS but others here besides myself may like to know. Is the photo in the VSS "Coin World" slab of the coin in the holder or a "stock" photo?

The slabs I use are the newer Coin World slabs, which are stacking-compatible with PCGS slabs. The photo on the holder is of the actual coin in the holder, not a stock photo.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like an excellent resource for VAM collectors - and the reports above support them. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice article "The VAM Fam" on JB in the Sept. Numismatist mag on his new VAM venture. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:
    Nice article "The VAM Fam" on JB in the Sept. Numismatist mag on his new VAM venture. Peace Roy

that is a paid subscription, right?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me no know. Says their website is under construction. Their is an email address and phone # for Fey. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@Namvet69 said:

Can you cut and paste a link to that article or take a screen shot and post it here?

• Options

@OAKSTAR said:

@Namvet69 said:

Can you cut and paste a link to that article or take a screen shot and post it here?

ya. that's kinda why i was asking. i would like to know if i have to purchase a mag, subscription or if it is publicly available.

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2022 11:14AM

@Namvet69 said:
    Me no know. Says their website is under construction. Their is an email address and phone # for Fey. Peace Roy

The construction of the website is one of the things that I need to get around to. I'm hoping to be able to devote some time to it this weekend, perhaps after I go grocery shopping. The article mentioned above was a press released published in the September issue of The Numismatist that was also sent to a couple other news outlets.

• Options

@messydesk- 👍🏻 👍🏻

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file