Home U.S. Coin Forum

Found the odd colored one in the middle of this uncirulated roll of coins. What is this from?

Answers

• dunkleosteus430dunkleosteus430 Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

Some questions:
    Can we get a reverse pic?
    Was it in a mint roll or a bank roll?
    I honestly don't know what that is, but posting more photos and more info could help you get answers from people who do.

Young Numismatist

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Date?
    Mint mark?
    Picture of the wrapper?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OneGoodCoin... Welcome aboard. We will need more information (such as requested above) to help you. Plus some better pictures - large size, obverse and reverse. Cheers, RickO

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is about the most I could blow it up without a lot of distortion.
    I would guess it is a foreign material on the coin but guess is only based on the thick to thin appearance.
    I don't know.
    Yes more pictures (and maybe at heavy angles to capture appearances and/or edge) and any description from OP would help.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the end coin on a shotgun roll that was exposed a harsh environment (high humidity or perhaps air pollution from industrial fumes) that caused the exposed part of the coin to corrode.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could had been a sticker that was placed over the coin and since removed and that is the left over adhesive.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like they forgot to remove the "anti-corrosion film" from the die before they used it and created a "struck thru anti-corrosion film" error. LOL

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file