Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My first type 1 SLQ ! :)

WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 30, 2022 12:36PM in U.S. Coin Forum

$55 shipped, what do you think? I love it! :)
Here we go, slightly better pics for viewing...

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

Comments

• Options

Sorry, poor photos, it looks better in hand ;)

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. One of the top coin designs of all time.

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite coins too.

Vplite99
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

F15.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1917 P Type I is the best struck of all SLQs and is affordable. If you're getting a type coin, this is a good one.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Me like!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 30, 2022 3:04PM

@WilliamF said:
    Sorry, poor photos, it looks better in hand ;)

oh how i would like it if this were the minimum quality of images and presentation we'd see on these boards. :+1:

this is 2022 after all.

it is really nice to see members post their first or memorable purchases of certain coins and/or type as some of us that got into the dealer side, buying handfuls or even bucketfuls/bagfuls of type even, it is something to really appreciate.

i ran across the images of an au58 large cent i purchased raw long ago, really my first numismatic purchase for numismatic purposes and whom i bought it from didn't make me pay out the wazoo for it. one of a handful of coins i'd like to have kept.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

WTG as that looks way better than 10 boring gallons of gasoline.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's definitely a keeper!

• Options
    sumduncesumdunce Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. I have always liked the SLQs, specifically how the eagle is displayed in flight.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice original coin.

• Options

@sumdunce said:
    Nice coin. I have always liked the SLQs, specifically how the eagle is displayed in flight.

Yep, same here! :)
    My favorite eagle design on american coinage goes back and forth between this and the Flowing Hair $1 of 1794-95. The dollar eagle design is not as realistic but I love the style :-)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WilliamF ... Nice coin and a very nice picture. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file