Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Surprised by amazon

Been kind of low key with my collection recently, funds low and wife I'll. But I had been looking for quite a while for a 2021s North Carolina innovation dollar in pr70dcam fs to complete that series for the time being. Checked ebay everyday, did the "shop" feature on the registry app, all the time. No luck. I found a dealer on eBay that had the coin, but only as a 2021 year set at 595 dollars for all four innovation dollars. I contacted him and asked if he might be willing to split up the set. His reply was 595 for the set, but willing to let me have the North Carolina by itself for 500. Didn't need one that bad, so I passed on his offer, and played the waiting game, someone would eventually put one up for sale.

Went on Amazon on Sunday looking for something else, and decided to search 2021 pcgs innovation dollar. Amazingly, one popped up on the site, and I snatched it up. It arrived yesterday ( my 61st birthday). Never expected to find one on Amazon, paid 56 including the tax, glad I waited.

Comments

• Options
    csanotescsanotes Posts: 458 ✭✭✭

It’s refreshing to hear another firsthand story of the ol’ tortoise and the hare. Nice score on finding a crucial and tougher one for your set at the right price.

Chance favors the prepared mind.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to play the waiting game.
    It is nice to see that you were successful in your search.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see your patience paid off.... Good buy and Happy Birthday... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    FairfaxthunderFairfaxthunder Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

@Trumbo said:
    Been kind of low key with my collection recently, funds low and wife I'll. But I had been looking for quite a while for a 2021s North Carolina innovation dollar in pr70dcam fs to complete that series for the time being. Checked ebay everyday, did the "shop" feature on the registry app, all the time. No luck. I found a dealer on eBay that had the coin, but only as a 2021 year set at 595 dollars for all four innovation dollars. I contacted him and asked if he might be willing to split up the set. His reply was 595 for the set, but willing to let me have the North Carolina by itself for 500. Didn't need one that bad, so I passed on his offer, and played the waiting game, someone would eventually put one up for sale.

Went on Amazon on Sunday looking for something else, and decided to search 2021 pcgs innovation dollar. Amazingly, one popped up on the site, and I snatched it up. It arrived yesterday ( my 61st birthday). Never expected to find one on Amazon, paid 56 including the tax, glad I waited.

Been meaning to ask about Amazon. As a novice and not buying much off Ebay or other large-platforms I noticed the other day - my computer _told me _I may be interested to a coin on Amazon. I didn't know coins were sold there.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

coins and counterfeits

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    TrumboTrumbo Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

My fear was that they would either ship me a rp70, or simply a message that the coin was no longer in stock, and then cancel my order. Hats off to surfcoins for coming through.

• Options
    waisaacswaisaacs Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited June 30, 2022 1:26PM

Amazon thought I might be interested in https://www.amazon.com/American-Silver-Morgan-Illinois-CoinFolio/dp/B08QTNCGGP/

Edit to add screenshot

"Only one left in stock" !!!

PCGS estimates it at $300k and does put the population at 1 at that grade. Auction history shows sold in 2015 for $135,125.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file