Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2007-P Washington Dollar Rim Burr Or Damage?

OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 28, 2022 11:18AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Other end of the coin.

I ran a Q-Tip over this area to show you where the cotton caught the burr.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Comments

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28, 2022 11:24AM

Damage

The raised metal wouldn't be there after it was struck

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

pmd

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damaged. A struck-in burr would be flush with the surface.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damaged. Spend it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damage, with one footnote.

I pulled a number of similar coins (but not as extreme) out of new rolls of GW dollar coins. However, the damage is obviously post strike.

Whether it happened at the mint after striking or at the company that rolled coins for the mint (for roll options and the old Direct Ship program), it's just PMD.

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got it! That's all I need to know. Thanks guys!! 👍🏻 👍🏻

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that Sasquash fur snagged on that burr?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

You should send it to @RobertLahti and allow him to take a ton of pictures and hypothesize about the Master Engraver using a p38 to affirm the allow annealing or some shit like that...

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2022 9:42AM

Here is an example of a near "rim burr".
    I once sent in a quarter that I thought, was a rim burr for sure. It end up being determined to be a "strike through" instead.

2021s Tuskegee ms 67

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely PMD, excellent pictures. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

pmd

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file