Home U.S. Coin Forum

Went to CoinX in Colorado Springs yesterday...

KurisuKurisu Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

I took my time from the Denver area and got there around 11 to meet a friend and walk around with no agenda whatsoever.
Bumped into a few folks I knew and a whole lot of dealers I had never heard of. Spoke to a bunch of folks and found at least a couple "dealers" who got tables but didn't even have cards or websites or stores lol! I thought that was kind of fun.
I brought a few Broncos coins again too.

I did not expect to see the So-Called Dollar table there...had some fun speaking to Jeff and Cecilia for some time...and finally bought it!!! Saw Jeff with Bill at the So-Called Dollar table a couple months ago in the Springs and immediately fell in love with their new book. It's also got a wonderful @dcarr piece mounted in the cover! :smiley: And it's my first ever Daniel Carr piece too :blush: Oh yeah, I also got the paperback guide just for being just such a sweet guy :wink: Jeff and Cecilia now have one of those Broncos coins too :blush:

I threatened to buy that book last time when Bill and Jeff gave me a wonderful little schooling in So-Called Dollars. I'll be looking for an excuse to start collecting them lol. My friend opened the book and spotted this gem, which Jeff then turned around and pulled from a box.

I did one of my usual things and asked EVERYONE I met if they had or spotted any good rolls lol.
I found one. $2 over value at $12. At least I found a good one, now I have two of these same shrink wrapped rolls!

Ran into a couple of familiar gentleman who run coin clubs and more... a Mr. Jerry Fritz and Mr. Cupper who were both just wonderful when I introduced them to my brand new coin collecter friend when they gave her some fantastic collecting and grading information besides letting her choose from some gorgeous BU encapsulated Tuskegee and Maya quarters!
They both own a Broncos coin now...though Jerry was reluctant because he's a Packers fan lol!

I didn't take a ton of photos but this one caught my eye and I had to take another look on the way out.

As a brilliant finish to the show I took my friend over to the Money Museum :smiley:
By the way, the Harry Bass Gallery is no more as of the end of this month :neutral:
I took a ton of photos of the collection last time I went. This time I just took a few and had to leave back for Denver while I left my friend to it...she stayed and had some drooling alone time in the museum lol.
Here's a little taste from the Money Museum and the Bass Gallery...Enjoy!

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

Comments

• FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

Random question: did you see any 1876 dollar patterns and did you by chance remember if they were called “Sailor Head” patterns or not?

I do love the pictures of the 20c and eagle 1875 coins though! Beautiful designs with an amazing history!

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• goldengolden Posts: 9,050 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your report.

• gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some really cool stuff

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellant report, love the pilgrim commem.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kurisu... Thanks for a great show report and the excellent pictures. Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing your report and the many pictures.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file