Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

(Not my coin) Guess the Grade on a FH dollar?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

No fair peeking...

peacockcoins

Comments

• Options
    jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take a wild guess at G6.

Coin Photographer.

• Options
    bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭

I like G6 too. Nice back rim, front not bad.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

if straight, probably 6/8.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o

peacockcoins

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@braddick said:

:o

I'd pay AG money for that any day

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2022 4:24PM

Probably net graded for those old scratches. That's Good-6 sharpness.

This was back in the days when PCGS and NGC wouldn't even slab "problem" coins but would just send them back in a body bag (and still take your submission $). So since it's an early coin they probably just silently net graded it?

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Many coins with problems in the early slabs were silently net graded. At that time, the grading services didn't do details grades and the only other option was sending it back unslabbed in a "body bag" which was reserved for coins with significant problems. I'm guessing that coin had a couple grading points knocked off due to those heavy scratches.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone was in a bad mood that day

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rokkyrokky Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

I’d be very happy with that coin in my collection, regardless of the old scratch

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! I was going to agree with G6 and vacillating whether there was enough eye detail present to make VG8...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will never CAC, unfortunately. Definitely net graded.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought it was better than 02, but the obverse scratch/gouge made me think it would be details. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file