Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1976 Lincoln 1C Over Mintmark?

Greetings everyone. I came across this coin in my 1976 proof set and looking at the mint mark it kind of seems like there's an s over d or s or something going on there. I am a total amateur and my knowledge of coins is very limited. Therefore, I'd appreciate very much any comments that you might have. Thank you for your time. P.s. pardon the quality of the pictures is the best I could do with my limited camera

I'd a

Comments

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

They all look like this.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back the camera away about ten feet and give us a moon shot. Would be as well received.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

Did you go to
    http://www.lincolncentresource.com/

Or Varietyvista?
    Coneca?

Did you visit any of these places to look for a variety that may exist?

Did you Google the mintmark for this proof set and see if other sets have similar looking mintmark?

Why not?

Why just take arbitrary photos hoping you have something instead of doing some self education?

This mintmark appears to be par for the course.

Educate yourself as that is the only path to understanding.

• Options

Some of you call yourself professionals to listen at the way you comment to amateurs trying to learn. Yeah I researched countless 1976 proof coins I've never seen one that looks like that show me a picture where you have one that looks like mine. I swear but it had to be civilized on this form I would slap the dog$#@& out of the ones with the most rudest comments. I don't care about my feelings but can you imagine how you make some of the people feel on here who post discussions that aren't up to your liking. You asked me you're the amateur you need to grow the hell up. But I won't post another discussion I don't even want to associate with people like you when you rude ass comments. Probably some fat slug better be glad I don't see you on the street and you say that to my face.

I apologies everybody. I'll delete my account now

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

@Chrisley said:
    Some of you call yourself professionals to listen at the way you comment to amateurs trying to learn. Yeah I researched countless 1976 proof coins I've never seen one that looks like that show me a picture where you have one that looks like mine. I swear but it had to be civilized on this form I would slap the dog$#@& out of the ones with the most rudest comments. I don't care about my feelings but can you imagine how you make some of the people feel on here who post discussions that aren't up to your liking. You asked me you're the amateur you need to grow the hell up. But I won't post another discussion I don't even want to associate with people like you when you rude ass comments. Probably some fat slug better be glad I don't see you on the street and you say that to my face.

I apologies everybody. I'll delete my account now

Lol
    The keyboard warrior has spoketh ...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file