Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Making of a Magician's Coin

lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Short 2 minute video. Kind of neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXOXPZ0VKFM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

Comments

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh no, he used a rare Cheerios Sacagawea! ;)

Don't try this at home.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting video. Many years ago, in High School Metal Shop, a fellow student hollowed out a Franklin half dollar - like the fabled 'opium coin', in order to pass notes to his girl friend. He did good work, it was virtually undetectable - well, until she dropped it once. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've told this story dozens of times, but when I was preteen I was also a magician performing for kids birthday parties... happens that I became very good friends with Pat Mollo in CT who operated a magic supply factory... Pat (aside from being the first magician to appear on TV) was also a machinist by trade and used to mfg various coin tricks for other magicians... it was this that furthered my interest in coins and magicians tokens which are advertising pieces that feature either magicians or magic shops on them....

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin said:
    I've told this story dozens of times, but when I was preteen I was also a magician performing for kids birthday parties...

I did the same thing...All the way through college as a matter of fact. Those were fun days.......

• Options
    silverbulsilverbul Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

remember back in the 1830s when they used real coins. me neither.

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one that's a Kennedy half and a UK copper. The fit is perfect. And a great magic trick coin. Kids love it. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool video. I have seen it and others like it before, but thanks for sharing the link.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file