Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thank you, you wonderful Veterans, for your Service!

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 27, 2022 3:11PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys,
Yes, it's that time once again. To give our deepest tribute to the Men/Women who served our Country.
We love you all!
For the continual Fight. Mentally and Physically.
Please post some beautiful coin that shows our men and women the tribute they deserve and more!
Here are all the 2020 W V75 Quarters I had graded by our host.

My late Father

My late Uncle

My late Father-in-law

Thank you guys!
<3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 27, 2022 3:53PM

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

@PTVETTER said:
    Tomorrow come rain or shine I will be putting flags on the graves of Veterans.
    I have been handed a number of coins from Army leaders!
    I will always remember those I knew that paid the price of freedom !

Awesome, dude!
    <3

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great thread! Indeed a thank you for all that served!

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭✭✭

In remembrance of my cousin. Died in Vietnam at age 19. Thanks to those that gave all!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    We will never forget your sacrifice. God bless America!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

Every year on this day I remember those who I knew that gave their lives for our country. It is never a HAPPY Memorial day for me.
    RIP my brothers and sisters.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

Memorial Day honors those that died.

Veterans Day honor those that served.

• Options
    silverbulsilverbul Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:
    Memorial Day honors those that died.

Veterans Day honor those that served.

AMEN.

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Below is the archive pics of my World War II 50th Anniversary clad half dollar still in plastic packaging and one lifted from PCGS site.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2022 11:18AM

My Dad was a farm boy from Illinois. During the war he was in South Africa, was in Egypt and saw the Great Pyramids, stationed in a castle in England, was riding on a bus in London when a V-1 landed so close that it blew out all of the windows in the bus, went into Normandy on D-Day plus 10, and saw the Eifel tower in Paris. Quiet a journey for a farm boy.

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2022 11:18PM

My grandparents were a multi-star family during World War II as my father and several of his brothers all served at the same time.

Here is just the contributions of one of the brothers:

My Uncle who headed the formation of the Alaska National Guard during World War II went on to lead the Occupation Efforts in Hokkaido, Japan after the war. There he was stationed at the base in Chitose. He shared with me many of his fond memories of Japan. The Japanese people in Chitose were so appreciative of his kindness to them that when he left he was gifted an Ainu bead necklace with a seabird medallion known as a shitoki. After his passing it was willed to me and I cherish it to this day.

That my uncle built a close rapport with the Japanese people is not surprising. One of his primary responsibilities was serving as a liaison with the Japanese townspeople in Chitose. In his previous Alaska assignment he was a leader who came to be loved and respected by his men as well. John H. Grainger in his book “Alaska National Guard, 297th Infantry Battalion” writes about a 140 mile march “Commanded by my. uncle, the, Commanding Officer of the 297th Infantry, Battalion, from Fort Richardson to Mt. McKinley Park for testing of winter equipment” that was described as “unprecedented in number of men, time and distance covered under winter conditions.” He added, referring to my uncle, that even though he was the Commander of the expedition he “worked the hardest and suffered the most. He traveled alone with his pack. Prior to the war he had been a mining engineer and foreman in a gold mine in Juneau.”

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Memorial Day to everyone from this grateful vet. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you to all the veterans for your service.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you to all service members. Especially the ones that paid the Ultimate price🇺🇸🇺🇸

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2022 5:37PM

All gave some, some gave all. Rest easy, Brothers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file