Turnaround time for grading

rodeo514rodeo514 Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

What is everyone seeing for turnaround time? Is 8 weeks typical

Comments

• lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2022 6:49PM

Submission level? Modern? Other?

Edit:
    2/3 way down o this page has some average times. Business days and days do not start until order is received and entered into system and does not count shipping time (per notes).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

8 weeks would be awesome - I still waiting a Feb 4th submission and still listed as “grading”

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 4, 2022 8:37PM

3 months and another 3-4 weeks for photos. Sent mine in 4 months ago and received the coin 10 days ago, but no pics as of yet. Is what it is.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order was received January 28th and just moved to encapsulation today. So hopefully I have mine by month end.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been running about 4 months for regular

My next order is going to be express, even though some of the coins thats tuff to swallow cost wise.

• VeepVeep Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭

Grades posted today on submission rec’d 2/2/22

"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

@Che_Grapes said:
    8 weeks would be awesome - I still waiting a Feb 4th submission and still listed as “grading”

I was thinking the same thing. 8 weeks is fast nowadays.

Pocket Change Inspector

• lermishlermish Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both orders with the red arrows moved into their respective stages today.

• rodeo514rodeo514 Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

@Veep said:

Yikes! 3 months

• stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭

@rodeo514 said:

@Veep said:

Yikes! 3 months

I had 4 orders in on 2/9 ... my last order is still sitting in Grading. Crossing my fingers it moves soon. :*

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2022 1:27PM

My Baltimore submissions (March 31st), 1 for reholder, 1 for grading were fairly quick (even though they screwed-up coin discriptions) grades were better than expected and speedy!

(l8-)>>

edited May 10, 2022 7:50AM

@stawick said:

@rodeo514 said:

@Veep said:

Yikes! 3 months

I had 4 orders in on 2/9 ... my last order is still sitting in Grading. Crossing my fingers it moves soon. :*

Not sure if this just happened, or I just didnt notice before, but now this is in Grading + Being Imaged. So they are aware of it. Eases my suspicious, doubting, worried mind. B)

• ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

My economy submission was received on 02/11 and is 'Scheduled for Grading' which is where it has been for a few weeks. I am in no rush so not an issue for me, just going to put the coins in a box!

K

ANA LM
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@stawick said:

@stawick said:

@rodeo514 said:

@Veep said:

Yikes! 3 months

Not sure if this just happened, or I just didnt notice before, but now this is in Grading + Being Imaged. So they are aware of it. Eases my suspicious, doubting, worried mind. B)

I believe it will continue to indicate being imaged until images become available, even after submission delivered.

(l8-)>>

edited May 13, 2022 10:26AM

@stawick said:

@stawick said:

@rodeo514 said:

@Veep said:

Yikes! 3 months

Went into ENCAP today (5/12)!! getting closer (3 months in). B)B)

(I'll stop bumping this, but status for whoever is keeping score.) In QA in 1 more day = 5/13.

Looks like the Economy was bumped up to 75 business days.

Ref:
    https://www.pcgs.com/services

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

I have my 8 "freebies" (vouchers) from my Platinum level sign up. I have the stuff I ordered this year to submit, feels like I need to send in by early Oct if I want them back by Xmas. We'll see. I think the Palladium comes out in Sept, yet to be seen.

• justindanjustindan Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭

3.5 months on regular level. Quick for express. Several just came back from 1/24/22 delivery to pcgs as reg level.

@justindan said:
    3.5 months on regular level. Quick for express. Several just came back from 1/24/22 delivery to pcgs as reg level.

Ouch.
    US Regular, Modern, and Modern Value seem to indicate 50 days (10 x 5-day weeks). I think vouchers submit as Regular service (for my reference).

• jerseycat101jerseycat101 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do we have an explanation for these wait times? Are submission up? Or does PCGS have a shortage of graders?

Do other services have similar delays?

I've been waiting 2 months for my regular service order.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 8 coin voucher submission received by PCGS on 2-22-2022 had grades post today and the coins have been mailed out to me today. Just over 3 months.

• youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    My 8 coin voucher submission received by PCGS on 2-22-2022 had grades post today and the coins have been mailed out to me today. Just over 3 months.

Sad and deplorable service. Bulk used to be much faster than regular service back in the day (though many more coins being graded in an order,) go figure! Lengthy service times now cut out flippers for sure and give the dealers an edge. Seems as the Mint's trying to do just that and maybe the tpg's we grew to depend on are in that game as well. Just a thought.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last order with Anacs took less than 1/3 the time of my last pcgs order.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:

same here for a world coin submission received 2-22-2022 tracking says to be delivered sat.

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last regulars were 4 months plus, only thing I have in now is an express, costly, but only way to get it back in reasonable length of time. And until the turn times improve, its either express or no send. NGC was behind as well, but after the 199 surcharge even for authorized dealers, there regular times have improved greatly. NGC express is a bit more expensive though, they seemed to have raised the cost recently. I have few customers who always come by to have me send, but when I tell them the ta times, they usually just pass. Some don't care, so I sent them on in economy if not higher value.

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

World regular, 5 coins, received 4/13, not in grading yet.

• Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jfoot13 said:

@SanctionII said:

same here for a world coin submission received 2-22-2022 tracking says to be delivered sat.

I am jealous - I had a world regular submission received 2/2/22 - still in encapsulation!

My current "Box of 20"

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:
    My last order with Anacs took less than 1/3 the time of my last pcgs order.

Ditto. My submissions to ANACS and ICG came back to me within a month's time and submissions to PCGS has been showing "grading" for almost eight weeks now (one is "regular" submitted in person at Baltimore show and the other was mailed in prior to that for using vouchers in "economy" processing).
    The coins graded by ANACS was spot on and so was the lone ICG submission (again made at the Baltimore show just out of curiosity to see what sort of a grading would happen).

@Veep said:

Yikes! 3 months

I've made it to the encapsulated stage.!!Feels like the third trimester of my first born! Lol

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was pleased with my sub for a successful crossover in 3 months but feel somewhat peaved at then waiting 6 additional weeks for imaging which has still not occurred. Especially when imaging occurs pre slabbing and then wait 3 to 4 months to post photo in verification files. Not quite so professional.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭

@rodeo514 said:
    I've made it to the encapsulated stage.!!Feels like the third trimester of my first born! Lol

What coins did you submit for grading?

• kruegerkrueger Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Submitted 7 U.S. regular (50D). Now past 70 working days which is 3 1/2 calendar months! No movement.
    This is rediculous. I can't make future registry set buying decisions if I don't know what grades I already have already purchased. I am losing interest in Registry collecting , missing buying oportunities over and over while I wait excessively. Does anyone know WHAT PCGS is doing about the long delays? Has PSA used up all of Collectors Universes resources??

• DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Submitted 5 Morgans for crossover (Regular service tier) that were processed/logged in on March 23, which I think makes today business day number 74.

That makes the website's stated turnaround time of 50 days an absolute joke.

When in doubt, don't.
  • basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

They want people to pay for express service. If they can get coins back to you in a reasonable time using express, then they can do so with regular, they just do not want to. I don't see a reason they can't hire more staff if they are so backlogged. It certainly keeps me from sending coins in, even though I want to. Absolutely no one should be waiting this long for any reason.

@basetsb_coins on Instagram

• zas107zas107 Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Way over 100 calendar days on economy right now. No reply to emails sent to customer service and 4+ hours wait time to talk to someone on the phone.

• CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the price difference between regular service and express?

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2022 6:58PM

@Cladiator said:

I think $40 and $80 if I recall. I just sent some off today.

Edit: I've had about a 30-40 day turnaround for moderns with our host lately. I have some regulars (older Morgan's and the like) in that are sitting at 40 days so far. Express has been around 2-3 weeks including shipping both ways. I'm assuming my regular and economy orders are going to be a while yet.

@Cladiator said:

Here is the 'price' page.

https://www.pcgs.com/servicesandfees

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rodeo514 said:

What is everyone seeing for turnaround time? Is 8 weeks typical

8 weeks,,,,,, I wish,,,,,,, see 2nd line from the top,,,,, :(

GrandAm :)
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know one submitter just received grades yesterday (9/9) for an April submission.

I have an Economy submission still in grading since early June.
    8 weeks would be awesome.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last Express submission took 9 business days.

• spyglassdesignspyglassdesign Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    My last Express submission took 9 business days.

Lucky. My last 2 in the last 60 days were 16 and 19 days from received to shipped.

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

You'all know, to speed up the process is for them to hire more people and you know what that could translate to.......higher grading fees. So stop complaining! :#:)

Oh no, I sense another topic coming......

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2022 3:43PM

@leothelyon said:
    You'all know, to speed up the process is for them to hire more people and you know what that could translate to.......higher grading fees. So stop complaining! :#:)

Oh no, I sense another topic coming......

Leo

This isn't necessarily true - the massive increase in grading volume should likely more than increase profits enough to be able to hire more graders without grading fees increasing.

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going on 3 months for my grading vouchers submission. Sent 3 that were received on 6/14/22🙄

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

My last submission took 92 business days, but I had a few attributions. I submitted again at Summer FUN with 7 attributions, so I don't expect to see them back until at least mid-November.

3 rim nicks away from Good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file