edited May 1, 2022 1:58PM in U.S. Coin Forum

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ... that's going to mess someone up trying to attribute those though, since the reverse images are the same! ;)

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the reverse pictures are the same coin...Nice old bust halves though. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, that I finally have pulled the trigger and added one in my collection.
    Now, I really see the beauty in these gems!
    Your's is beautiful as well.
    <3

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pursuitofliberty said:
    Nice ... that's going to mess someone up trying to attribute those though, since the reverse images are the same! ;)

oops! Thanks. Image fixed.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

I think I like the 33 better ... seems to have more natural surfaces ... but they're both nice looking coins

The 1833 is an O-113 and the 1835 is an O-103

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the ‘33 also, that’s a nice looking bust half.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

@pursuitofliberty said:
    I think I like the 33 better ... seems to have more natural surfaces ... but they're both nice looking coins

Thanks for the info. Both R1?

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

@ajaan said:

@pursuitofliberty said:

Thanks for the info. Both R1?

You bet ... and no, better. ;)

According to the 3rd Edition Overton, both were R2, however the 33-113 is considered a little better than that now.

I like the 33-113 Die Marriage too, because it's really easy for me to pick up on, and I know them almost as soon as I see them (well, as soon as I see the reverse). I refer to it in my mind as the "dropped zero", from the position of the 0 in 50 C.

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the 1835 PCGS XF40.

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency

Leave a Comment