Home U.S. Coin Forum

CSNS Newp

messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

To go along with the 1913 and 1909 I bought from him at previous shows, I picked up a 1911 MPL from Angel Dee's today.

Comments

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, John. No one has finer small cents than Andy.

So...where are you going with these MPL's? A set? Or just what appeals to you?

They're very seductive.
    Lance.

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stunning coin! Off the top of my head I think that is the nicest Lincoln I have seen. Magnificent eye appeal!

• messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkeigwin said:
    Very nice, John. No one has finer small cents than Andy.

So...where are you going with these MPL's? A set? Or just what appeals to you?

I like what appeals to me. Maybe a set is in my future, maybe not.

They're very seductive.

And that's likely a big part of the reason that I have 3 of these now.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are scarce and nice to look at. Congrats!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a very pleasing example! <3

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 563 ✭✭✭✭

CSNS? MPL, mirror proof-like?

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GiveMeProof said:
    CSNS? MPL, mirror proof-like?

Central States Numismatic Society (coin show)
    Matte Proof Lincoln

Collector, occasional seller

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations
    Love dem squared rims!
    <3
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30, 2022 3:33AM

@messydesk... Very nice MPL cent... Got a full slab shot?? Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool pick ups

• ThreeCentSilverFLThreeCentSilverFL Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very pleasing!

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Andy has the best selection of matte proofs I have seen. Congrats on a great coin. What a beauty.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • alefzeroalefzero Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have this? It's been laying around for years. I can bring it to the WFoM if you want it, John. (See better days; but it's one of those that has been moved from here to there in stacks and boxes of books for almost 40 years.)

@alefzero said:
    Do you have this? It's been laying around for years. I can bring it to the WFoM if you want it, John. (

I don't have it. Bring it to WFoM, and I'll take a look.

@ricko said:
    @messydesk... Very nice MPL cent... Got a full slab shot?? Cheers, RickO

Not yet, but if I did, it would say PCGS 65BN. I'm going to try to get some better shots of the latent color in this one, too.

• hbarbeehbarbee Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

That is a very nice 1911. My 1911 Matte Proof Lincoln is a PCGS PR66BN and looks very similar in surface and color. It is the only MPL in my collection that does not have the strong matte surface appearance. Something about 1911 dies.

I encourage you to go forward and complete the set of 9 examples. One of the things I like about focusing on Lincolns is that there are so many official mint issues such as the MPL's and major varieties such as the 1990 No S where the available examples and market pricing are at odds. It seems pricing is determined more by popularity than rarity.

I have the complete set of MPL's and for example I feel my 1916 is the most appealing coin in my whole Lincoln collection. 1916 MPL has a total mintage of 600 with a total PCGS and NGC population of 380, which is probably close to the surviving number. I acquired my coin in PCGS MS66BN for $8250. recently. Consider that only about 380 folks could complete a collection of Lincolns due to coins like that one. Compare it to the "popular" examples such as the 1914D in availability and values.

I may be wrong, but my feeling is that if production of this series ever ceases and more numismatists want to complete collections, the values should rise significantly on such coins.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not only a perfect coin, but a perfect image. Sir Messy you be one of the best numismatic photographers.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file