Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Interesting Discovery While Scrolling through my PCGS Inventory

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to believe I am not the only one to experience this type of thing or to shake their head. Lol

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya a lot of times I do the same, just because every one is chasing the higher grades and not many are looking at the lower one’s you see this. But it doesn’t make any sense. You see this a lot in the poor coins god forbid you try to buy one from a dealer.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, the lower pop on the 63 drives a higher price. It is all about the pop in the specific grade and not the grade or higher grades. Right? :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, it's just some weird thing that just seems to be as you can see with these two 22 D mints. No grade is showing more value than a 63.

• Options
    lilolmelilolme Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

I logged in and checked mine and right now it all looks okay. Did take a little time for the inventory to load, so might be some 'work' going on right now.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=2YNufnS_kf4 - Mama I'm coming home ...................................................................................................................................................................... RLJ 1958 - 2023

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I had to sell my coins for what PCGS says they are worth I would lose my ass!

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they can offer a negative conservation service, where they can add a couple of light marks and grazes, and guarantee it to downgrade two points…..

Actually given the market for 58s, this might not be a crazy idea 😆

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

Marks and Grazes turn off this 58 collector!

@Walkerguy21D said:
    Maybe they can offer a negative conservation service, where they can add a couple of light marks and grazes, and guarantee it to downgrade two points…..

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

No, you want to have slider coins downgraded to AU58. Does PCGS allow a "cross only at 58" request? :smile:

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

No, for a 58, they’d take your 63 or 64 and give it just a little high point rub 😉

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options

@Walkerguy21D said:

@amwldcoin said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

No, for a 58, they’d take your 63 or 64 and give it just a little high point rub 😉

"Cabinet Friction"

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

A slider is the layman's term for a 58!

@moursund said:

@amwldcoin said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

No, you want to have slider coins downgraded to AU58. Does PCGS allow a "cross only at 58" request? :smile:

• Options

@moursund said:

@amwldcoin said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

@amwldcoin said:

Isn't it still a slider, if it has skipped into a MS slab?

• Options

@moursund said:

@moursund said:

@amwldcoin said:

@Walkerguy21D said:

@amwldcoin said:

Isn't it still a slider, if it has skipped into a MS slab?

That is a never ending debate! :*

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said "Isn't it still a slider, if it has skipped into a MS slab?"... The answer is no... To be a 'slider', it would have to have 'slipped' into an MS slab... Sliders slip, not skip. :D;) Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file