Home Precious Metals
Options

Thanks for the input

jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 15, 2022 4:42AM in Precious Metals

Thanks for the input. Will update in about a year when ready to sell.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never dealt with them, but Miles Franklin may be a good prospect. I would also consider the broker who sponsors Greg Hunter's USA Watchdog.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Run it all thru the bst we will be happy to buy it B)

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

What state is this in?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blitzdude may be interested in that silver. After all, the rainy season is upon us. :)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call APMEX, J M Bullion, or one of the other major bullion dealers. They may be willing visit your friend to buy it and then transport it back to their office. Where is this hoard located? There may be a major bullion dealer that's not too far away. Let us know how your friend makes out.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is certainly a major quantity... As suggested above, APMEX, JM Bullion are the type of resources for such a large amount of PM's.. Good luck to your friend. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing I can add is IF he has some vintage silver bars.
    We would appreciate the opportunity in the classifieds before they go to a dealer.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    What state is this in?

physcial

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Call me.

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

State location would be a big help. they are plenty of people that would scoop this up. It will not be hard to sell. Count me as interested.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blu62vette said:
    State location would be a big help. they are plenty of people that would scoop this up. It will not be hard to sell. Count me as interested.

State is PA. Let me know if any specific suggestions. Looking to sell next year.

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

More than a few years ago... I had a great transaction with Apmex.
    Actually drove up to OKC with everything. They provided a secure room and we went through everything.
    I had been in contact with them multiple times before hand in planning.
    Professional, great prices, and they wired part and cut a check with the other part. I was able to walk down stairs to the bank in the same building and cash the check.

I know there are some big buyers on here.
    I would go through it and look for vintage, key date etc... just to maximize the transaction.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not the answer you want to hear but you should always have your out planned long before you even purchase the first ounce. Good luck. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@ricko said:
    That is certainly a major quantity... As suggested above, APMEX, JM Bullion are the type of resources for such a large amount of PM's.. Good luck to your friend. Cheers, RickO

I'll echo this, My exit strategy has always been to sell to a large dealer if/when I get out.

this is from the Apmex Webpage

I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY DELIVER MY PRECIOUS METALS TO YOU. CAN I DO THAT?
    Yes. You may deliver your Precious Metals to us by pre-arranged appointment only. To lock in your price and make an appointment please call us at (800) 514-6318.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s a thought.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

lots of offers here.

I'm going to comment not to remove silver coins from sealed boxes and don't remove gold bars from cert. packaging.

those doing the buying would rather have it boxed and sealed than not.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions