Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2022 Quarter errors

I have new 2022 Maya Angela quarter. There is a big bumb down the Washinton lips, and there is a small dent on the nose surface. How do I post the pictures?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

copy and paste

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post mint damage.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum..... B)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kemkoi48 .... Welcome aboard. It sounds like Post Mint Damage (PMD), however, we will need pictures to provide final determination. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a major rarity to me! ;)

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will wait for pictures.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a well-known obverse issue with die crack at Washington's lips/corner of the mouth (often referred to as a herpes or drooling error). This exists across both P & D mints (and possibly S mint) and across Maya Angelou and Sally Ride issues...IOW, multiple/many dies. IMO, it has no value, and represents a design flaw in the Fraser design that predisposes the obverses to these cracks.
    The Maya Angelou P mint issues have a known reverse error: a die gouge that spans the bird's beak, creating the appearance of the bird carrying a twig (known as the 'nesting' or twig' error). This gouge is a single die error. Given the likely average die life of a US Mint quarter die of near 300,000, there are likely near 300,000 coins bearing the 2022-P Maya Angelou "nesting"/"twig" error. IMO, this one is worth putting back, given that it is visible to the naked eye, enhances the visual appeal of teh coin, and is a single die error. They have sold for $5-13 on eBay, and are now coming back from the TPG (unattributed, but present), listing for north of $70 (MS66).

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

you are too new to upload pics

you can link pictures that are hosted on another web server.

@PCGS_Moderator :: it's been taking more than a week and sometimes longer for them to flip from Applicant to Member. One impediment to a larger user base? can't post photos.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting also...... To post pictures and change me avatar.

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

Wow! You joined in mid March.

Did you provide the customary new member gratuity? ;):D

• Options

@JBK said:

@OAKSTAR said:

No, maybe that's why no one ever welcomed me! 😩 ☹️

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,329 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKSTAR said:

@JBK said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Well, welcome and just paypal me $25 and I'll post your photos until you get generated. lol
    Do you mean to say that you still cannot post photos or change your avatar for real?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

The 2022 drooling Washington Quarter is so prevalent that in time The NON drooling will be the more vaulable. My P quarters are ALL Droolers and my D quarters are all non droolers. Be interesting to see what Values are in a year or two.

• Options

@jesbroken said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@JBK said:

@OAKSTAR said:

Well, welcome and just paypal me $25 and I'll post your photos until you get generated. lol
    Do you mean to say that you still cannot post photos or change your avatar for real?
    Jim

I'm able to post pictures now but still can't change my avatar.

• Options
    Ashlynn8881Ashlynn8881 Posts: 1
    edited June 17, 2022 11:21AM

Has anyone else seen one with and extra line at the marks in his hair?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file