Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Intercept Coin Storage

JW77JW77 Posts: 461 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the consensus on the Intercept storage boxes for silver coins. Is this an overkill, waste of money, or does it actually help keeping coins in their current state. I'm interested in getting opinions from the forum members.
thank you

Comments

• Options
    CrustyCrusty Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Work great and last up to 10 years if you are not Constantly taking them out to look at them. When u do take them out be careful because they can scuff up the front of your pcgs holders easily.

• Options

Thank you Crusty! I appreciate the info

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

The most important factor in coin storage is the environment they are stored in. That being said anything you can do to mitigate bad environmental conditions will help and that would include Intercept Shield products.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭

Great product!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they work well. I've used them for silver and copper for years, and I've never seen changes in my coins.
    It may be overkill, but I'd rather rest easy that my treasures are protected.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I am mostly a copper collector I have used the product for years and have not noticed any real changes in my coins both copper and silver. How much is the effect of my proper storage vs the Intercept product I do not know, but I would rather err on the side of caution.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

I have had no problems with the coins I store in them. I remember they went off the market for a year or two, then returned as a "product of china". The slabs don't fit as snug, and the tops (on single slab holders) easily slide off. some of the side rails on the box of 20s seem alittle crooked. But they seem to work as well as the original version.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

How long has these been around? My 1861 $20 that I got yesterday was shipped in one. Too bad they weren't around when person who got my 1851-O $20 slabbed. That has a few scuffs on it, kinda expected when the slab is about 15 years old.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have stored my gold coins in the ones pictured in the OP for the last 3 years. I like them!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have the Intercept Shield boxes (two) that I have stored slabbed silver in... They appear to work well. Never tried the individual, small containers. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know how well they work, but I used them and, just like insurance, it helped me sleep better.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    humanssuckhumanssuck Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

They work great. I live in a hot and humid climate, and Ive had high grade silver and copper in these holders for almost 10 years, and they look exactly like the day i bought them.

• Options

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback.
    much appreciated!

• Options
    LuxorLuxor Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 31, 2022 5:03PM

Your hobby is supposed to be your therapy, not the reason you need it.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use their 50 slab boxes (they actually fit closer to 60 slabs per box, not 50). Brooklyn Gallery seems to have the best pricing - only $17.12 each, but if you buy 8 or more, then only $14.93 each (plus reasonable shipping).

Steve

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file