Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ACNS Coin Show Report

KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

The ACNS coin show in south Jersey was this past saturday and was considered to be a very busy show
First the funny stuff. One customer was shopping around a fake 1804 Dollar and a altered 1955 DD Penny, no takers!
Silver Eagles were going for around $5 over spot, and 90% was being bought at 18 X Face and I bought some
Dealers didnt have any 90% silver to sell but there were a couple who had small silver bars but nothing old and wanted over spot. XFish common date Morgans were going for around $40 GSA CCs were at $325 & up
There were some specialized dealers there like one who has old coppers, 1/2 cents and large cents. Another had a lot of paper money, and another who had a couple of tables of world coins
I had a couple of people ask for gold and others for coins from cuba
John from Scarsdale coins set up and I have a picture of him below
BTW there was a good selection of food like subs, pizza etc

Look at the Pics

Frank D

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for your report.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report, @KISHU1. I found this display interesting. I am assuming the "HNB CAC" sticker stands for "Has Not Been to CAC" but I'm not sure how the seller would know the complete history of the coin unless they submitted it raw to a TPG:

Tim

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,856 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Report.
    B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love to buy ASEs for $30 at a local coin show.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice report, thanks for posting it!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice report and pics, thanks!

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

ASE at $5 over spot is a pretty great deal when the wholesaler Upstate has a bid of $10 over. Lol

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice array of coins shown. TY for your report. First time I've ever seen in a report a photo of the kitchen. Hope no baking of coins for AT takes place in there. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the sign......." At least we're honest". Thanks for the show report. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,500 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never figured why they put the hub cac sticker on the coins either. If it makes them happy...

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,410 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:
    I never figured why they put the hub cac sticker on the coins either. If it makes them happy...

What's "hub"?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KISHU1... Thanks for a great report, and pictures... Interesting prices on the ASE's. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

$5 over spot sound like a loss leader🧐 “ Get em in the door and hopefully sell a little more “🦫🙀😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:
    Thanks for the report, @KISHU1. I found this display interesting. I am assuming the "HNB CAC" sticker stands for "Has Not Been to CAC" but I'm not sure how the seller would know the complete history of the coin unless they submitted it raw to a TPG:

Tim

Tim that is our internal sticker meaning we will send the coins to CAC and yes they have not been to CAC by us. CAC has turned off accepting the past month so we have been marking coins we want to send

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing the report and pictures!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScarsdaleCoin said:

@pointfivezero said:

Tim

Tim that is our internal sticker meaning we will send the coins to CAC and yes they have not been to CAC by us. CAC has turned off accepting the past month so we have been marking coins we want to send

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the note. I understand your sticker logic now. Makes perfect sense. I just received my February CAC submission back yesterday. I wish you the same luck as your consecutive cert number Gold CAC Saints on the BST. What a pair!

Tim

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great report.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file