Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

American Women's Quarters...No Soup for You...Official Mint Gripe Thread

RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 22, 2022 9:23AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Aren't all these coins also going to be offered in the standard proof set and the silver proof set?

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2022 1:10PM

Yes they are 😉 and
    Probably in the uncirculated set 🙀
    That’s what is creating all the flap about the S MM uncirculated. Only 300,000 or so because they only are available in the 3- coin set.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

What’s the > @Jzyskowski1 said:

Yes they are 😉 and
    That’s what is creating all the flap about the S MM uncirculated. Only 300,000 or so because they only are available in the 3- coin set.

What does “S MM” uncirculated mean? If there is going to be a smaller number, do you think they may become scarce like 2012 proofs?

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nhofer said:
    What’s the > @Jzyskowski1 said:

Yes they are 😉 and

What does “S MM” uncirculated mean? If there is going to be a smaller number, do you think they may become scarce like 2012 proofs?

If anyone has a crystal ball, and can tell if they will become scarce and valuable, that is the question!

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

Well there’s only going to be 300,000 S uncirculated quarters per release. 1.5 million total. I would say very rare. Now desirable is another story.

• Options
    alaura22alaura22 Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Yes they are 😉 and

What 3 coin set?

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nhofer said:

What does “S MM” uncirculated mean?

San Fransisco Mint Mark. You'll be able to find plenty of P and D in circulation, but not so with the S. Was that your question?

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@alaura22 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Yes they are 😉 and

What 3 coin set?

No 3 coin set, they meant 3 roll set.

• Options

@Tetromibi said:

@alaura22 said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Yes they are 😉 and

What 3 coin set?

No 3 coin set, they meant 3 roll set.

Ok, I se that set,
    Now is that for all 5 of the quartersbeing issued?

• Options
    johntjohnt Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

So far it looks like those numbers will remain for all five issues. In previous years, you could buy the S Mint roll as a separate item. With the American Women quarters, you can only get the S mint roll if you order all three rolls as a set. Numbers on the S mint were in the 1 million ballpark for previous releases and these all will drop it to 300,000 ball park.

• Options

Does antbody know how fast the 1st issue, Maya Angelou 3 roll sets sold out?
    I guess I missed that one but I'll be ready for the next 4 to be released

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 minutes

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@Onastone said:

@nhofer said:

What does “S MM” uncirculated mean?

San Fransisco Mint Mark. You'll be able to find plenty of P and D in circulation, but not so with the S. Was that your question?

Makes much more sense now! Didn’t click in my head

• Options
    edited March 16, 2022 7:00PM

@alaura22 said:
    Does antbody know how fast the 1st issue, Maya Angelou 3 roll sets sold out?
    I guess I missed that one but I'll be ready for the next 4 to be released

I was able to sign up for enrollment but don’t see it right now but my enrollment is active for the Dr.Ride 3- roll
    As mentioned the first ones went quickly but some were available for a couple minutes for a day or two

• Options
    edited March 16, 2022 7:17PM

Thanks for all the input on this...as I was busy and totally missed the significance of the Unc. "S" coins.

I just went online and scooped up 10 of the Maya Angelou coins for about $3.00/each...I think that was a totally fair price.

I also picked up 10 of the Sally Ride coins from a presale (in hand) for about $3.50/each...because I'm sure those rolls will be a circus next week.

• Options

Yeah, I signed up to be notified of the next release and for abut 6 others coming down the road
    Not sure if I'll be able to get in, I was able to get in on the Morgans & Pease when they were released and got an email for the CC & O mint maked coins a few weeks later so I snaged those as well.
    I'm hoping the same happens here

• Options

@RichR said:
    Thanks for all the input on this...as I was busy and totally missed the significance of the Unc. "S" coins.

I just went online and scooped up 10 of the Maya Angelou coins for about $3.00/each...I think that was a totally fair price.

I also picked up 10 of the Sally Ride coins from a presale (in hand) for about $3.50/each...because I'm sure those rolls will be a circus next week.

Is that a pre-sale? $3 each? The 3 coin roll set was $54 for all 3 rolls........

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Did they offer the 3 roll as enrollment? I only thought the 2 roll and other options were avail by enrollment—but not the 3 roll set

• Options

Just checked. 3 roll set not available by enrollment. From what I can see—never was.

• Options

Here’s mine

• Options
    edited March 16, 2022 7:44PM

@RichR said:

Is that a pre-sale? $3 each? The 3 coin roll set was $54 for all 3 rolls........

[[YES...on eBay...I did some searches for lowest price with free shipping...and I picked up 10 each of the Maya (in hand) and Sally Ride (presale) coins. I didn't think $3.25/coin, on average, was too heinous.]]

• Options

Yeah, I don't know how you did that because only the 2 roll is available

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Here’s mine

It only has the 2 roll option, how did you get the 3 rolls?

• Options
    edited March 16, 2022 9:53PM

So...at a mintage of 300,000 (or only 7,500 rolls) for each of the 2022 "S" quarters....where would that rank in the entire run of the Washington Quarter series from a rarity perspective?

And these are not going to be part of the regular Mint Set???

Who's coming up with these lamea** marketing ideas...that only those who read between the lines of press releases really know about?

• Options

@RichR said:
    So...at a mintage of 300,000 (or only 7,500 rolls) for each of the 2022 "S" quarters....where would that rank in the entire run of the Washington Quarter series from a rarity perspective?

And these are not going to be part of the regular Mint Set???

Who's coming up with these lamea** marketing ideas...that only those who read between the lines of press releases really know about?

Yeah, tell me about it
    Didn't know about the S MM till I saw it here, ended up missing the 1st one.............geezzz

• Options

Very surprised to see the 3 roll set was offered by enrollment. No indication it was any time recently. But apparently it was by the pics above.

• Options
    johntjohnt Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

The enrollment offer for the PDS rolls ended a couple weeks ago at least. I know many were caught off guard. I'm guessing that some will be available on release day, but who knows with the U.S. Mint. If the enrollments are eating up the entire release, I would think that the mint would limit quantities in enrollments much like they did with the Proof eagles last year.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    Very surprised to see the 3 roll set was offered by enrollment.

@alaura22 said:
    It only has the 2 roll option, how did you get the 3 rolls?

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    I was able to sign up for enrollment but don’t see it right now but my enrollment is active for the Dr.Ride 3- roll

I also got an enrollment for the 3 roll set. Somebody here on the forum mentioned how S mints were going to be far and few between and basically the only way to get them from the mint was in the 3 roll set. If you looked early on, they were available as an enrollment. However, the mintage is so limited, under 8000, that the enrollments filled up quickly and went into REMIND ME status.

The other roll choice is simply the P & D set, which is still available for enrollment right now.
    but that's limited to under 6000.

• Options

The P & D will be available in uncirculated sets. Not so the S

• Options

So then basically each of these S coins are going to have significantly lower mintages than the 1932P & D coins...the lowest mintages...am I getting that right?

• Options

So it would seem my friend. 😉

• Options

Was there a HL limit on roll sales? Selling rolls of 40 at a pop with such a low mintage seems absurd!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only time I purchased a roll of quarters was the S mint Samoa quarters. Have not opened that roll. I like that design. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@RichR said:
    Was there a HL limit on roll sales? Selling rolls of 40 at a pop with such a low mintage seems absurd!

Or perhaps an opportunity 😉

• Options

I’m really curious about the “ornaments” for each issue. Seems like another W penny W nickel Poof, ( just building a set) time to stop mid run.
    Are they gunna grab a few bucks and then stop. Time to see some renderings. 🤨
    ( All of a sudden I feel like yelling at someone to get off my lawn)🙀

• Options

So anybody that was able to lock in on enrollment for the 3 coin rolls, was there a limit on how many you could buy?
    I'm worried that on the 22nd when they open up at 12:00 est that the bots will buy it all up if there's no limit

• Options
    edited March 17, 2022 12:50PM

So get this...I just spoke to a very nice person at Mint customer service re enrollments for 3-coin rolls for the remaining three quarters...as well as for the original two coins...and she looked in the system high and low...and then came back and said "They were never offered in an enrollment because the S coins were produced in limited quantities."

So I asked her to double and triple check...which she did...and she found the P&D only options...but didn't see the PDS as ever having been offered or as a now sold out item, which she said would show in her system.

So I know based on screen shots above that some here were lucky enough to get them reserved...but I suspect that might have been an extremely limited opportunity that will not be repeated for the remaining coins.

• Options

RichR
    Thanks for your post
    Did you ask about limits?

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's there, it's just full at this time.

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

I locked in 3 sets at the beginning of the year and have received confirmation that the latest batch is set to ship on the 22nd. There were no limits at the time so I suspect (from cruising a few eBay sites) that some folks jumped on this pretty hard, one guy claims to have over 50 sets available…..oink, oink

• Options

[It's there, it's just full at this time.]

Were there also enrollments previously for the remaining three after Sally Ride?

• Options
    edited March 17, 2022 2:24PM

And I've just got to say this...considering all the span junk I receive from the Mint...they really need to communicate the enrollment availability more effectively and consistently. Right now, the process seems a bit awkward and random.

• Options

Appears once your signed up it’s for all the issues

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2022 3:10PM

@RichR said:
    [It's there, it's just full at this time.]

Were there also enrollments previously for the remaining three after Sally Ride?

What jzyskowski said.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Appears once your signed up it’s for all the issues

Once I signed up I was able to pick and choose which items I wanted in my basket for enrollment

• Options

I signed up for the 3 roll enrollment the day after the Maya angelou went on sale. It is listed on my enrollment page as active. Will start with the Sally Ride rolls

• Options

@Iamthewalrus53 said:
    I signed up for the 3 roll enrollment the day after the Maya angelou went on sale. It is listed on my enrollment page as active. Will start with the Sally Ride rolls

Lucky you

• Options
    edited March 17, 2022 3:26PM

[[I signed up for the 3 roll enrollment the day after the Maya angelou went on sale. It is listed on my enrollment page as active. Will start with the Sally Ride rolls]]

So are you all also enrolled for the 3 AFTER Sally Ride...or has that option not happened yet?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I enrolled for 6 other items months ago and don't understand how I missed these.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    [[I signed up for the 3 roll enrollment the day after the Maya angelou went on sale. It is listed on my enrollment page as active. Will start with the Sally Ride rolls]]

So are you all also enrolled for the 3 AFTER Sally Ride...or has that option not happened yet?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I enrolled for 6 other items months ago and don't understand how I missed these.

I saw one of those mint emails telling me about the enrollment for the quarters a couple weeks before Maya. I had never set up an enrollment before but I figured I would give it a go. I locked in for two sets. And it was magical how it all played out... while some were ordering, mine were shipping. Did I say magical? Then a day or two later while I was playing the morning show trying to snag another (never connected) I changed the quantity in my enrollment to three sets. I think they went unavailable shortly after that. I just got an email a couple days ago telling me to make sure my CC is good because I am scheduled to get three Sally Ride sets when they come available. I also expect I will get three sets of the following ones as well. Does that help?

• Options

@Batman23 said:

I saw one of those mint emails telling me about the enrollment for the quarters a couple weeks before Maya. I had never set up an enrollment before but I figured I would give it a go. I locked in for two sets. And it was magical how it all played out... while some were ordering, mine were shipping. Did I say magical? Then a day or two later while I was playing the morning show trying to snag another (never connected) I changed the quantity in my enrollment to three sets. I think they went unavailable shortly after that. I just got an email a couple days ago telling me to make sure my CC is good because I am scheduled to get three Sally Ride sets when they come available. I also expect I will get three sets of the following ones as well. Does that help?

Ha Ha, No that doesn't help me. You got them, I didn't, o well
    It's all good, I guess.........

• Options

The presale on the 3- roll sally is around $150 on eBay.
    If you want to feel like you missed out check out how much the 3-roll Tuskegee is selling for.
    Personally I feel the Dr.Ride will be similar in that name recognition will cause the value to be high.
    RichR. Everything I can find indicates that signing up for enrollment is for all of the quarters in the entire multi year run. The ase’s repeat each year and things like proof set repeat. They could change it but for now once you sign up you will receive all the issues. You can change the amount sometimes but not always and never two days or less before release

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file