Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rhode Island Innovations Coin

OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Surprised Nobody mentioned that the Rhode Island P Mint mark rolls and bags were all gone in about 15 minutes yesterday. The D Bags were gone in about 1/2 hour. Rolls still available. Don't remember any past Innovation coins selling so fast. It is kind of a neat coin?

Comments

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ships and boats are very common "type" collections. Bugs, butterflies, birds, etc. also well loved,

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to several bags of the upcoming Vermont coins, didn't expect to have to be on at noon Eastern to pick them up. I guess all the practice from the Morgan/peace/v75/ASE erp coins should help. I didn't pay attention yesterday to the RI dollar so thanks for bringing this up!

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

I had started with these from the introductory, missed out on a couple of previous releases and was considering not continuing with the AI dollars but really liked this design (my dad liked ships and we would watch the America's Cup races) I got on at 12 est to get the rolls and was glad I did. I,'m waiting for the numbers - were that many more D mint produced or is there that much less interest in them? - but the bags sold out.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not realize the bags and rolls were in such demand.... Surprised at how fast they sold out. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too am surprised by this sell out.
    I really don't do the business strikes but have a complete set of the proof coins in PR70 and PR70 DCAM.
    I believe it is #5 in the "All Time Finest" list.
    I like them a lot.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not surprised, it's a very nice design.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

They restocked a week or so ago. You can get all you want at the Mint as we speak.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's too bad these just don't circulate.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭

@291fifth said:
    It's too bad these just don't circulate.

I'm buying bags and rolls of Vermont, and will pick out the top specimens and then I will be dropping hundreds of them into circulation.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very attractive design IMO and the best of the Innovation dollars. Why, oh why, let them be hoarded in enormous bags - thanks to the above maybe a few will find their way out to non-collectors....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@Bullsitter said:
    They restocked a week or so ago. You can get all you want at the Mint as we speak.

Something else happened here. They didn't add more. A bunch got returned or a bunch of people decided they didn't want them and cancelled.

• Options
    edited March 11, 2022 5:55AM

@OLC said:

@Bullsitter said:

Something else happened here. They didn't add more. A bunch got returned or a bunch of people decided they didn't want them and cancelled.

WRONG.

RETURNS: these were unavailable in a half hour like you said on Feb 24. They were available again on March 3.
    So, in 7 days the Mint gets the order, then ships to you. You get them and return them. The Mint gets them back and relist thousands of them in 7 days (including 2 day weekend).....are you kidding me?

CANCELLED: if they sold out in 30 minutes as you stated why were thousands cancelled on all 4 items. I mean, they were a hot item, sold out in a half hour.

All 4 items are still in stock and I added 99 to my cart this morning on each.....you can get all you want.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@OLC said:

@Bullsitter said:

WRONG.

Look at the sales report for sales ending 3-6. Major Adjustments…

2022 AI $1 100-COIN BAG – RI (P) 2,135 (627)
    2022 AI $1 100-COIN BAG – RI (D) 2,187 (575)
    2022 AI $1 25-COIN ROLL – RI (P) 5,887 (1,060)
    2022 AI $1 25-COIN ROLL – RI (D) 6,280 (669) All of the sales numbers were down. They were all back available on 3-02 so these numbers factor in the sales between 3-02 and 3-06. You need to do a little better than to just come out and say "Wrong"

• Options

You were wrong on returns.
    And they did restock with the canceled orders.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    You were wrong on returns.
    And they did restock with the canceled orders.

That is what I said on my original email if you look. I said they got returned or were cancelled. Your saying the got cancelled. That was one of my either this or that's

• Options

I also ordered some of these 4 or 5 days after they first came for sale and they shipped long before the major restocking day. I am guessing they had shipped 95 to 100 percent of these within the first couple of days. Almost a third of them were put back into stock. I wonder why so many people decided to cancel an order for a product that was sold out supposedly.

• Options

@OLC said:

@Bullsitter said:

I was just letting the folks here know there were more in stock. I didn't say they minted more.

I promise you this, I won't do it again.

• Options

@OLC said:
    I also ordered some of these 4 or 5 days after they first came for sale and they shipped long before the major restocking day. I am guessing they had shipped 95 to 100 percent of these within the first couple of days. Almost a third of them were put back into stock. I wonder why so many people decided to cancel an order for a product that was sold out supposedly.

I know the answer.

• Options

I understand you were just letting people know there were more in stock. Which is great. You were also telling me I was wrong. I just wanted to know why I was wrong. You may know the answer. I'm guessing it is something unusual. What all happened just doesn't make sense.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

And as printed in Coin World the demand was so great that they didn’t offer the ballistic bags to bulk coin purchasers. Those buyer’s had to make purchases just like all the little guys.

• Options

Thousands of Tennessee Bags and rolls available this morning. Just like all of the other innovation coins this year. All gone on first day and a lot available a week after release.. D bags have 1800 available out of 2790 max mintage. a lot of cancelled orders again.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file