Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

New quarter in change today

coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found my first two of the new 2022 quarter today along with a well worn Am Memorial W quarter. Still dislike the new obverse just as much as I thought I would.

My Lincoln Registry
My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.

Comments

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

You found a w quarter in circulation? Apparently those are as rare as hen's teeth...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got two back today -
    My first as well

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

But no W, sad to say

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:
    You found a w quarter in circulation? Apparently those are as rare as hen's teeth...

The W's are only from 2019 & 2020

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, I'm not a fan of the new design.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pmh1nic said:

I rather like the Maya Angelou reverse. Not too busy, nice symmetry, and the rays draw focus to her spreading her wings.

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have found a couple 22-D quarters in the register till last week, along with a couple 22-D cents.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@moursund said:

Not that rare, while the flippers have found the lion's share of these from searching rolls there are some in circulation. In fact, I have put together a complete set save one from change finds. This American Memorial is the 9th or 10th of that specific coin I have found, most I found only one or two. The only one I have not been able to find in change was the San Antonio Missions, I was able to trade one of my extras with another collector for that one.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

The pre-99 design was a lot better. Should have gone back to that and left it alone.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy to see this stuff turning up

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I got one in circulation this week too. Does this mean the old George bust has been retired?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinbuf ... Nice change finds... and the W in change. I am amazed that you were able to put together the W set from change.... That is quite the achievement. Many of us have been unable to find even one in the wild. Those who CRH have done well... I will keep looking though.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I still cannot make up my mind on the new Washington look.
    Leaning towards not liking it but will wait to see when I finally acquire one.
    Still have not found a "W" in circulation yet.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 18, 2022 11:41AM

@pmh1nic said:

It's so funny this is being said given that before so many people wanted Laura Gardin Fraser's design of the quarter because her husband designed the Buffalo Nickel. Some people like Breen even invented false narratives such as the rumor that her design wasn't chosen because she's a woman. Now that we have Laura Gardin Fraser's obverse on the quarter, many people don't like the obverse. I can see why partly because the US Mint made changes to it that imo messed around with the coin, but still I'm surprised at how the opinion on the design has changed now that we actually have it on a circulating coin.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet the proofs look good... B)

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good in gold as well!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olympicsos said:

@pmh1nic said:

It's so funny this is being said given that before so many people wanted Laura Gardin Fraser's design of the quarter because her husband designed the Buffalo Nickel. Some people like Breen even invented false narratives such as the rumor that her design wasn't chosen because she's a woman. Now that we have Laura Gardin Fraser's obverse on the quarter, many people don't like the obverse. I can see why partly because the US Mint made changes to it that imo messed around with the coin, but still I'm surprised at how the opinion on the design has changed now that we actually have it on a circulating coin.

I think part of the dislike is the portrait on the new coin doesn't line up with many of the portraits of Washington people are familiar with such ax the one in the National Gallery...

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 19, 2022 5:58AM

@pmh1nic said:

@olympicsos said:

@pmh1nic said:

I think part of the dislike is the portrait on the new coin doesn't line up with many of the portraits of Washington people are familiar with such ax the one in the National Gallery...

It's so interesting. I wonder if other coins by well regarded classic artists were in circulation today would there be the same indifference or disdain for them?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file