Home Sports Talk

Super Bowl LVI

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

We're about an hour and a half from kickoff, we need a thread to discuss the game.

Comments

• LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Bengals!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not watching any tv pregame. When my team was in it I would. So I'm getting my pre-game on in this thread. Thanks @doubledragon

SB Bump

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    I'm not watching any tv pregame. When my team was in it I would. So I'm getting my pre-game on in this thread. Thanks @doubledragon

I actually haven't watched the pregame either, it just doesn't interest me for some reason, I'll watch the game and that's it.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2022 4:45PM

Just got all my squares settled. Got some good possibilities.

$5 - 1/4s
    Rams/Bengals
    4/1
    9/2
    0/4
    3/3
    8/8
    3/8
    7/6
    2/9
    5/0
    8/5

$10 - 1/4s
    Rams/Bengals
    3/6
    5/5
    7/0
    1/7
    4/3
    8/9
    7/4
    5/1
    3/8
    6/2

$20 1/4s 2/3/5/G
    Rams/Bengals
    9/2
    7/3
    1/0
    3/8
    0/5
    8/7

$100 300/score change and end gets rest
    Rams/Bengals
    8/5

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2022 4:37PM

@thisistheshow said:

My team is in it and I'm not watching any pregame either.....I tried.... It sucks!!!!!

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2022 4:41PM

30 minutes of pre-game

Need to remember this for next year

Luckily I was cooking and eating

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Why go for it?

OBJ hits for the first score

What a rebound

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that's better - 10-13

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

And now looks like OBJ is hurt..............

edited February 13, 2022 6:20PM

Burrow and Stafford are both playing totally conservative in the first half......neither is showing anything!..... I'm looking for a second half shootout!....GO RAMS!...GO BENGALS!

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

Pregame show I did not watch either, I was reading a book. First half was decent but the halftime show sucks.

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Pregame show I did not watch either, I was reading a book. First half was decent but the halftime show sucks.

Yeah, I admit, I had to turn the channel - Good thing "Dirty Jobs" is on............ :)

@tommyrusty7 said:

The halftime show is what it always is.....a sop.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2022 6:55PM

@DrBuster said:
    Sorry old foggies but the halftime show was great. Sorry it wasn't Sinatra but this was one of the better ones since Prince/Foo/Stones in the last 20 years.

That half time show was off the hook. My wife is still dancing. It brought the house down

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Sorry old foggies but the halftime show was great. Sorry it wasn't Sinatra but this was one of the better ones since Prince/Foo/Stones in the last 20 years.

Old geezer Dr. Dre and and rapidly aging (and chunky) Mary J.Blige? I'll take anyone but those two...

That sure seemed like a fast 3rd quarter. Amazing how smooth things go when the refs keep their flags in their pockets......

edited February 13, 2022 7:19PM

@MisterTim1962 said:

Old geezer Dr. Dre and and rapidly aging (and chunky) Mary J.Blige? I'll take anyone but those two...

so....who then, super fit in shape mentally all there tony bennet, aretha, eric clapton? who you got since you're complaining?

I used to radio dj friday drive time, music that has a pulse always wins. You want to hear the same old garth brooks, queen, toby keith, all the jukebox regulars at the home that play on the radio but you spend jukebox money on to hear every day?? just asking

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

OG rappers > aging rockers

all day

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

From here on out

Quarterback takes the snap shotgun and it is touch tackle on them

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bengals got another lucky no call face mask for a 75 yard td. I’m sure after the game Burrows will say that they got a few breaks again

W
    T
    F

Repeat first down

Except for that clock, bengals

You need a stop, hint hint

Cinci D is blowing it...........

Idiotic call for the push ahead

Refs bail out Rams with that phantom holding call.

Wasn’t it rams by 3.5?

Congratulations Rams fans, but the refs saved you on that first holding flag. Bengals fans will be upset.

@MsMorrisine said:
    Wasn’t it rams by 3.5?

It went to 4.5

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • so....who then, super fit in shape mentally all there tony bennet, aretha, eric clapton? who you got since you're complaining?

Ever hear of Samantha Fish? WAY more talent than any of those performing at halftime.

edited February 13, 2022 8:06PM

My squares were wanting a Cincy td and 2pt for a fast grand but Rams and Staffy and the UGA crew have me happy as a Dawg can be, WOOF!!

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 said:

so....who then, super fit in shape mentally all there tony bennet, aretha, eric clapton? who you got since you're complaining?

Ever hear of Samantha Fish? WAY more talent than any of those performing at halftime.

I would have preferred country western myself at the half but it was a good football game. I muted the tv for the half.

The sky of LA is lit with fireworks. The Rams gamble to get Stafford pays off and then some

mark

Cooper Kupp is the best offensive football player I have ever seen....he caught THREE? passes in the end zone in the last 35
    seconds of the game......all the Bengals defense could do is HOLD him and hope for the best. Didn't work. He's the BEST!

Well it was fun....................... Getting Stafford was a big part but a bigger part was Cooper Kupp. Without his amazing ability this would never have happened.

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Also, that was a very fast game

@VikingDude said:

Because only 2 penalties most of the game - then 3 in the last minute and a half.

season is over, but i still feel like gambling

i'll wager a nominal amount that double d inhaled a patti pie and blacked out before the opening kickoff

@Hydrant said:
    Cooper Kupp is the best offensive football player I have ever seen....he caught THREE? passes in the end zone in the last 35
    seconds of the game......all the Bengals defense could do is HOLD him and hope for the best. Didn't work. He's the BEST!

Congratulations on your victory @hydrant. Seriously, you've been pulling for this team harder than anyone. Enjoy it!!

• GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

That Copper Kupp can just flat out ball ! Talk about learning your craft as a wide receiver and he just out works everyone. Not the biggest or fastest, but he gets open and catches the darn ball. Nice Super Bowl win for the Rams.

@galaxy27 said:
    season is over, but i still feel like gambling

i'll wager a nominal amount that double d inhaled a patti pie and blacked out before the opening kickoff

Let's hope DD comes back to the forum tomorrow and everything is well with him...........

SBMonday is a holiday in my world. Haven't decided if I'm gonna take the day and do some early morning shenanigans or do the lameass log into work and go from there.

Anyone else debating Monday nonsense??

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    Congratulations Rams fans, but the refs saved you on that first holding flag. Bengals fans will be upset.

Did you not see the Bengals TD when the reciever face masked the Rams defender and then
    shoved him down the field?
    If the refs helped out any team it was the Bengals because that was a blatant non call.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

The kid talked like Tom Brady and didn’t deliver. Wait till next year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

in all seriousness, that was a great win by the san bernardino rams

thrilled for cooper kupp's #1 fan

I suspect there is going to be a sign on fire hydrant's bedroom door tonight: if the boat's a-rockin, don't come a-knockin

@VikingDude said:

Yes,...Wasn't that great?.....the refs let 'em play.......

edited February 13, 2022 9:31PM

@Darin said:
    >

Did you not see the Bengals TD when the reciever face masked the Rams defender and then
    shoved him down the field?
    If the refs helped out any team it was the Bengals because that was a blatant non call.

Yes, it was a blatant non-call! I had my doubts at that point.