Super Bowl LVI

2»

Comments

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2022 9:39PM

@galaxy27 said:
    in all seriousness, that was a great win by the san bernardino rams

thrilled for cooper kupp's #1 fan

I suspect there is going to be a sign on fire hydrant's bedroom door tonight: if the boat's a-rockin, don't come a-knockin

If he really wants to seal the deal he's wearing a Kupp jersey and a scruffy beard.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
    edited February 13, 2022 9:40PM

@Darin said:

@thisistheshow said:
    Congratulations Rams fans, but the refs saved you on that first holding flag. Bengals fans will be upset.

Did you not see the Bengals TD when the reciever face masked the Rams defender and then
    shoved him down the field?
    If the refs helped out any team it was the Bengals because that was a blatant non call.

You are 100% correct but bitching about it wasn't going to change anything. It was a gut punch at the time. I was tilting a bit at the time but figured sometimes these things even out. Bad calls, bad plays, bad coaching happens in every game. It is what it is

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13, 2022 9:47PM

@galaxy27 said:

>

I suspect there is going to be a sign on fire hydrant's bedroom door tonight: if the boat's a-rockin, don't come a-knockin

Yep, Galaxy, you're correct!....Hey, I have been a Los Angeles Ram fan since I was a baby. First season I remember was 1962? Anyway, the Rams have ALWAYS disappointed. They never won when it counted. The Rams have been a HORRIBLE team for so many years. I stuck with them. Never expecting anything good. Just loved the game.....Always going to the games.....Well,....tonight they are the World Champs. I am happy!

I'm also happy for OBJ. He was VERY necessary after Robert Woods went down. Give him a QB that will throw him The ball and magic can happen. He's been a model team mate in LA......... so far

m

edited February 13, 2022 10:25PM

@Justacommeman said:
    I'm also happy for OBJ. He was VERY necessary after Robert Woods went down. Give him a QB that will throw him The ball and magic can happen. He's been a model team mate in LA......... so far

The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant agrees with you entirely, Mark. Did you see the tears streaming down OBJs face after the game?....says it all....the guy just needed to be in the right place with the right people all along.....

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@galaxy27 said:
    season is over, but i still feel like gambling

i'll wager a nominal amount that double d inhaled a patti pie and blacked out before the opening kickoff

Let's hope DD comes back to the forum tomorrow and everything is well with him...........

Doing great buddy, just staying up partying, one heck of a game!

Congrats @Hydrant on the Rams victory, I know how much this means to you!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

what perturbs me about nfl refs are the glaring inconsistencies

no one will ever convince me that the first 3 3/4 quarters of that game were officiated the exact same way the final 1/4 q was

like what was this field judge's major malfunction? he's staring right at higgins and ramsey a split second before a third-degree assault takes place, yet he basically decided to allow a touchdown

then with a few minutes left in the game they started throwing flags like they were unused vacation days at the end of the year

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never was a fan of make up calls.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@galaxy27 said:

no one will ever convince me that the first 3 3/4 quarters of that game were officiated the exact same way the final 1/4 q was

like what was this field judge's major malfunction? he's staring right at higgins and ramsey a split second before a third-degree assault takes place, yet he basically decided to allow a touchdown

then with a few minutes left in the game they started throwing flags like they were unused vacation days at the end of the year

Maybe he thought Ramsey's face ran into Higgins fist

m

edited February 14, 2022 12:59AM

Halftime show tweets. It' how I felt. I got the chills

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to Rams fans, I enjoyed the game and stuck with my consistency and didn’t watch the half time show.

If Burrow had time to drop back and throw they probably would have won it, their O Line is 100% why they lost, they got away with it for awhile but the Rams exposed it when it counted.

I was rooting for Cincy but happy for Stafford

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats to Rams and fans. I was pulling for Burrow and the Bengals, with about 1.5 mins left in the 4th it was theirs to lose...unfortunately for them, that's what happened. Burrow hung too long in the pocket and took far too many sacks that hurt the cause. With OBJ out with an injury, it appeared odds swung heavily towards the Bengals, but Kupp made the difference and then some...awesome performance. Bengals made a nice comeback, but the D couldn't hold Stafford etal.

I thought the officiating was about a B+, 2 calls were bad IMO. The unnecessary roughness call against the Bengals for a small push, and the phantom holding call. The unbelievable missed face mask against the Bengals was just incredible. These came at key times in the game and could have impacted the outcome. With so much on the line, I think there has to be a way to be able to challenge obviously missed and very bad calls by umpires. One man with a flag can change a lot!!

Half-time wasn't my cup of tea, I guess the days of the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Billy Joel and Bruno Mars are gone forever. I guess I just don't appreciate that type of music. The commercials were kinda strange to me, not one excited me.

The flyover was a bust, how can you have a flyover with a closed stadium? They only showed about 3 seconds of the group.

• tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Halftime show tweets. It' how I felt. I got the chills

In don't know what halftime show you were watching but the halftime show that I saw was the worst one I have ever seen and I am old enough to have seen all of them!

edited February 14, 2022 10:32AM

Happy Valentines Day to ya!

And your entitled to it. I just couldn't disagree more

m

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

a real conversation that took place early this morning...

77-yr-old mom: how'd you like that game last night?

me: it was a good one. i'm happy for Mr. Highland Park, Matt Stafford.

mom: what about that halftime show?

me: also a good one. a great one, actually.

mom: did you know those people? could you understand what they were saying?

me: yes and yes, i had heard all of those songs many times over.

mom: well, I did kinda like the way they were dancing.

me: oh you liked that synchronized crip-walking mom?

:D

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Your mom sounds cool

m

I certainly enjoyed the Super Bowl Halftime show, of course I might be a bit biased because I've been down from day one.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave myself a haircut during the halftime show, came back a little early because it was
    still on, caught a glimpse of snoop dog. Had to switch the channel until that crap was over with.

edited February 14, 2022 6:57PM

@Hydrant said:

@Justacommeman said:
    I'm also

@doubledragon said:

@Steven59 said:

@galaxy27 said:
    season is over, but i still feel like gambling

i'll wager a nominal amount that double d inhaled a patti pie and blacked out before the opening kickoff

Let's hope DD comes back to the forum tomorrow and everything is well with him...........

Doing great buddy, just staying up partying, one heck of a game!

Yea, me too Dragon Master.......last thing I remember last night was asking The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant if there was any more Corona Extras laying around somewhere and a foggy voice from far..far away, answered......"NO YOU ALREADY DRANK THEM ALL!"....OH, GOD!.....what a headache this morning! 🤦😵

edited February 14, 2022 7:43PM

@galaxy27 said:

I agree. My opinion is that in the final 1:10 the refs were on the hook for the lousy non-calls (2 FACEMASKS) earlier in the game that allowed the Bengals to score(?) and they knew it! It didn't look good.....AND....they knew, who didn't?, that Kupp was going to score the winning TD no matter what. So....they took the easy way out.......Throwing flags to make up for the non-calls earlier in the game........the Rams would have won either way......