Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I am a new PCGS member

Joey29Joey29 Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
edited February 8, 2022 2:11PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I got this message today on my PCGS app. Does anyone know how long it will take from this point to get a grade result. Thanks in advance for the helpful information.

Best Answer

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

Express shouldn't take too long. That must be a heck of a nickel.

Collector, occasional seller

Answers

• Options

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer to that requires a crystal ball!

• Options

@amwldcoin said:
    The answer to that requires a crystal ball!

Can’t you give me a ball park estimate

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no ball park

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    stawickstawick Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2022 2:38PM

I noted on my last few orders that the grades were available about the time they went into QA, which may have been a couple weeks from Encapsulation. It may all depend on what service level you used (mine was Modern or Modern value). A few posts here about how backed up they are, extended grading times and all.
    You seem to have 1 coin, but theres probably a ton of other orders in their queue too.
    YMMV. Good luck.

• Options

@stawick said:
    I noted on my last few orders that the grades were available about the time they went into QA, which may have been a couple weeks from Encapsulation. It may all depend on what service level you used (mine was Modern or Modern value). A few posts here about how backed up they are, extended grading times and all.
    You seem to have 1 coin, but theres probably a ton of other orders in their queue too.
    YMMV. Good luck.

I used express

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭

I typically see grades during the QA step, my guess is they do the quality checks and once they passed the grades are released. I don't typically use express so not sure how expedited it will be. I have 2 submissions in now a regular and a modern value, that have been there since mid December and are still in the grading step, they are backed up as others have mentioned.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Be patient.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joey29 said:

@stawick said:
    YMMV. Good luck.

I used express

you needed to write that on the outside of your package or it will delay it by quite a bit by express standards. tbh, from the day you shipped to the day you recieved, it could be 2 weeks, maybe 3. there are variables these days. please post your results/tv image when you get em. i wanna see a 1926 nickel that is worth expressing AND sending off all by itself AND buying a new membership. what is that, $250 in fees?

let's speculate. it is either ddo, ms66 or better, MONSTER toning or since you are new, au58. ;)

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Joey29 said:

@stawick said:
    YMMV. Good luck.

I used express

you needed to write that on the outside of your package or it will delay it by quite a bit by express standards. tbh, from the day you shipped to the day you recieved, it could be 2 weeks, maybe 3. there are variables these days. please post your results/tv image when you get em. i wanna see a 1926 nickel that is worth expressing AND sending off all by itself AND buying a new membership. what is that, $250 in fees?

let's speculate. it is either ddo, ms66 or better, MONSTER toning or since you are new, au58. ;)

Lowball PR1, MONSTER even wear...

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2022 8:27PM

I will post results and new photos as soon as I know something

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice! Hope you get good results

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joey29
    I cannot answer your question,
    but welcome to the forum :)
    boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 67 could qualify you for a “you suck” award!
    Just thinking…..

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

@ChrisH821 said:
    Nice! Hope you get good results

Thanks

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice Buffalo Nickel... Best of luck, I hope it lands with a super grade. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Very nice Buffalo Nickel... Best of luck, I hope it lands with a super grade. Cheers, RickO

Thanks RickO.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was the grade outcome?

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    FlyingAlFlyingAl Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Young Numismatist, Coin Photographer.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

J will say 2 weeks.

Hoard the keys.