coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2022 4:52PM

I like sports

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    My one obsession is taking pictures of nature............. and helping out distressed animals to get back to normal. Just a few of my pics - I have hundreds in my folders.

Just curious what type of camera do you use? Those are real nice pics especially of the butterfly! I tried to take a pic of a red winged hawk near a jobsite I was working at a couple weeks ago but my pics always come out less than perfect. I use an Android phone to take the pics but have been thinking recently of investing in a nice decent camera.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maz03 said:

I do not know how to add a quote to the bottom of my posts like I see many have. How is that done?

Click that wheel icon, Upper right - It's the "account options" icon. Then click on "EDIT PROFILE" from the dropdown menu. Then scroll down to "SIGNATURE SETTINGS" - click on it and enter what you want

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

@LandrysFedora said:
    Just curious what type of camera do you use? Those are real nice pics especially of the butterfly! I tried to take a pic of a red winged hawk near a jobsite I was working at a couple weeks ago but my pics always come out less than perfect. I use an Android phone to take the pics but have been thinking recently of investing in a nice decent camera.

A "Coolpix L840 from Nikon". 16MP with 38X zoom optical and up to 78X zoom digital. It took me awhile to remember all the features and how to set it but now it's like second nature.
    https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product-archive/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-l840.html

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to get X-rays for something else and was told I had a healed fracture down near my ankle

Didn’t know when it happened or how it happened and walked on it without pain without knowing

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I got run over by cars twice - Once when I was 5 (took 6 months of therapy to walk again) playing kickball out in the road and the neighbor had a "Hotrod" that I couldn't get out of the way of it and he mowed me down, then I rode my bike across the highway when I was at the farmers orchard stealing peaches when I was 12 and I'll be damn, got run over by a car again - flew up on the guys hood and smashed his window with my head (That had to be a lesson from God! After all - "Thou shall not steal" was one of his main points) - Never a broken bone but lots of stiches!

• Options

@Steven59 said:

@LandrysFedora said:

A "Coolpix L840 from Nikon". 16MP with 38X zoom optical and up to 78X zoom digital. It took me awhile to remember all the features and how to set it but now it's like second nature.
    https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-products/product-archive/compact-digital-cameras/coolpix-l840.html

Thanks Steven.

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm Batman.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    I got run over by cars twice - Once when I was 5 (took 6 months of therapy to walk again) playing kickball out in the road and the neighbor had a "Hotrod" that I couldn't get out of the way of it and he mowed me down, then I rode my bike across the highway when I was at the farmers orchard stealing peaches when I was 12 and I'll be damn, got run over by a car again - flew up on the guys hood and smashed his window with my head (That had to be a lesson from God! After all - "Thou shall not steal" was one of his main points) - Never a broken bone but lots of stiches!

I've been run over once. Walked in front a car at 14, got rolled up on the windshield like you. Smashed it, totaled the car. I walked away with a cut but was knocked out briefly. I was literally on the corner of a hospital when I got hit.

Felt horrible for the driver, totally not his fault.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:

@doubledragon said:
    I also hate pickles, and they have no business being in vending machines!

That is absolutely,positively, hilarious. Many kudos to you.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love turkey, absolutely love it, I eat at least one turkey sandwich every day and obviously I look forward to Thankgiving every year. Of course, turkey's hate me and we are natural enemies, I was even jumped and assaulted by a turkey one day while riding my mountain bike, it's true. A witness photographed the assailant after it happened, the cops never caught him, he fled into the woods.

• Options
    charliej2356charliej2356 Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

I played shortstop at Baltimore's Memorial Stadium before Cal Ripken did.

• Options

In my early 20's was a dirt bike rider/crasher............. actually found pictures of the good old days.....
    Had a YamapopperDT400 that would go through anything.........there is a bike under all that water - LOL!

Then got a CR250 with Simon's Forks and Nitrogen shocks that had about 14" of travel..........

THEN got a Honda CR250 factory crate bike... tore it apart and painted the frame white...........

Then bought a XL600 that I added a HD Fork spring kit and a Supertrapp muffler - that was more fun on the road than in the dirt.......the cops could never catch me.......

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a dark and stormy night...
    Then I was conceived. It's been downhill ever since. Sucks to get old. Sneaks up on you. I've had the ever changing covid in feb20 & Dec 21. Still here. I can breath again. Gave up liquor. Gave up salt. Almost gave up red meat. Never drank soda pop. Never smoked except for a pack of Salem in the 5th grade. That cured me of smoking. No tats. My workouts consist of parking the truck as far as possible from every front door I plan to use and lifting 20-30 50lb ammo cans from my truck and loading them onto my table at gun shows twice a month.
    My favorite foods are scrambled eggs and toast, mashed potatoes, chili, tuna salad on a bed of romaine, avocados, mushrooms, prawns in white sauce over rice. Not all at once.

I started collecting coins in 1962 from change on a 25¢ a week allowance. My first Coin World ad to sell was shortly thereafter. I wish I knew then what I know now.

Have a nice day
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a huge art collection. I like Art Deco.
    I partied with major rock stars back in the day. I still ride a Harley, although not as often as I’d like. I’m a big AFL fan and my collection of cardboard reflects it. I was a 4 handicap golfer until my back caused me to quit. I am currently dog less but that will change in the near future I’m sure. I’ve partied until 4 am, dated beautiful women, been there and seen it all. My wife was a model, been around the world and partied in her youth. She spends her days shopping and spending money. I missed nothing in my youth, quiet evenings are a life we both enjoy. The wife and I spend our evenings at home watching movies, sometimes the same movies again.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2022 7:16AM

i come from a very small family, and i certainly didn't help matters by never marrying. amazingly, i've somehow managed to cross paths with women over the years who tolerate me valuing my independence more than i probably should. my one and only sibling died 4 decades ago at a very young age from a rare disease called Cystic Fibrosis. because of that, the moment i open my eyes each morning i immediately feel like i'm playing with house money, and that feeling lasts until i close them again at night. Boomer Esiason's son has CF and is still going strong today at the age of 30, which is wonderful to see. great strides have been made in past decades.

i've worked in the financial realm my entire adult life, the last ~20 years as a trader. golf has been my jam since i was a little kid, which should only surprise those who don't pay attention because they are thinking about their wife/girlfriend all day like Kliff Kingsbury does. Jordan Spieth is my favorite athlete in any sport. or "athlete," if you don't view golfers as such. i live in Houston and have had roughly 10 Houstonians whom i did not know come up and tell me that i resemble J.J. Watt, which always slays me because i've got him by almost 20 years and probably weigh 80-90 less. speaking of age, i just turned 50 last month. since that time, i've probably had 50 people ask me if turning 50 has bothered me. that gave me 50 opportunities to spout one of my favorite quotes.............."do not regret growing older. it is a privilege denied to many."

i enjoy this place immensely. it's therapeutic and cathartic. although there are times when i'd pay a handsome sum to take part in a legendary wedgie session based on something i read, there's no denying that i'd belly up to a bar with any of you knuckleheads without hesitation.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've really enjoyed this thread. It has helped me get to know some of you a bit better and I am grateful for it.

I'm 49 and happily married with three kids, two dogs and a dozen chickens. My dad bought me my first box of baseball cards when I was five years old (1978 Topps) to give me something to do on a motorhome trip from San Diego to Montana. I still don't know exactly why, but I was immediately hooked. I have collected ever since, and made my living in sports and/or memorabilia since I was 23.

This hobby has been the source of many interesting situations for me, but probably the most unique is when I bought a very large and disorganized collection from the adult children of a deceased collector. I was sorting through a previously unopened box several days after getting it all moved, and found the cremated remains of the collector. I called the family, and they were shocked and apologetic. Their dad had loved the hobby so much that they had put his remains in his hobby room after he died and three years later had forgotten to remove him before selling to me. I drove him back home and they were happy to have him.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:
    I've really enjoyed this thread. It has helped me get to know some of you a bit better and I am grateful for it.

I'm 49 and happily married with three kids, two dogs and a dozen chickens. My dad bought me my first box of baseball cards when I was five years old (1978 Topps) to give me something to do on a motorhome trip from San Diego to Montana. I still don't know exactly why, but I was immediately hooked. I have collected ever since, and made my living in sports and/or memorabilia since I was 23.

This hobby has been the source of many interesting situations for me, but probably the most unique is when I bought a very large and disorganized collection from the adult children of a deceased collector. I was sorting through a previously unopened box several days after getting it all moved, and found the cremated remains of the collector. I called the family, and they were shocked and apologetic. Their dad had loved the hobby so much that they had put his remains in his hobby room after he died and three years later had forgotten to remove him before selling to me. I drove him back home and they were happy to have him.

That is one heck of a situation there Todd! It must have been a tad awkward making that call to them as to what you found in your purchase.