Home U.S. Coin Forum

Curious? Cert number itself collectible?

2windy2fish2windy2fish Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought this beauty to remove from the holder and place in my Buffalo album, but am curious about the cert number!?!? 33535353. Are folks collecting PCGS slabs for just the number? The image is a Trueview, Clearly you can check the grade if you like but might be interesting to see guesses!

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice coin :)
    I'm sure some collect cert numbers.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like those who collect paper currency for their serial numbers, so do collectors for cert#s.
    Unique numbers can bring premium dollars.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I collect coins... not slabs, not labels, not stickers, not numbers, not provenance. Of course, collecting is a personal thing, and people should collect whatever interests them. I know a couple of areas I collect that many others would think 'strange' or wonder 'why?'.... Collecting is a hobby and it should be interesting and fun.... So have a blast people.... Cheers, RickO

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko hid the nail on the head. Some people collect anything and I mean anything. I've heard of people collecting banana stickers!

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be challenging finding the collector who will pay a premium for a cert number. Maybe a solid number, very low, or something like10000000 might generate some interest but I don't think there would be much if any interest in 33535353.

I could be wrong, but if you want to crack it out, I say go for it.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2022 10:49AM

Tried to look up the grade but our host’s cert lookup service seems to be down at the moment. I’ll say 64?

Regardless of the grade, I really like the color!

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• 1Bufffan1Bufffan Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

I'm going to say with the slight wear on the Braid and hair along with the Hip and Flank that it is an AU 53/55. nice even color makes a great looking coin for your album.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file