Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Complete ms67fb Roosevelt silver set

Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotta give a big shout out to Gary ( Ilikemonsters ) Gary has had a huge part in helping me complete the 46 - 64 silver Roosie set, all in ms67fb or better. Had to pay moon money for the last one ( part of the Erasmus Hall Set ) but very happy it's done.
Currently the # 5 Registry set under " Roosevelt Dimes FB Basic set circ. strikes 46 - 64. Comments welcome.
Thanks again to Gary, you are the man.

Comments

• Options
    DANNYDANNY Posts: 347 ✭✭✭

Hey Tom,, I know how hard it is to accomplish this Roosie milestone... Just like you, the very last coin that I was able to upgrade to MS67FB or better, was the 1963P... Congrats my friend on making your set one of the finest in the world.
    Danny

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great accomplishment! I think my white whale was the 58P. It was great to finally cross it off the list.

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

Thats a lot of Roosevelts, how about a photo or two?

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options

@rooksmith said:
    Thats a lot of Roosevelts, how about a photo or two?

True Views available on some of the coins if you look at the set. It's under Tom1471. I'll try and figure out how to post some pictures. I'm old school. ( technologically challenged, computer stupid, take your pick LOL )

• Options

Also need to mention Danny. He has helped me with a few in my set. On the clad side, a huge help. Thank you Danny, I REALLY appreciate all you've done.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get a tremendous satisfaction when I read about members here helping another member in finding that one special coin.
    This is a great forum.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    QBertQBert Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

Congrats

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great job building the set Tom!!!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options

Thank you so much for the link sir. Very much appreciated.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tom, Congrats on finishing a great set, keeping your goal in mind and stretching for the right coins!!!

Ken

• Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭

Nice pedigree on your new addition. :)

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tom147 said:
    Thank you so much for the link sir. Very much appreciated.

Glad to help!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

Congratulations!!! What a huge accomplishment! How long did it take you to complete? What’s your next collecting goal?

Jeff

• Options

Took me 12 years

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations, on your achievement. That's a beautiful set.
    At first glance my favorite is the 1954.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

@baseballjeff said:
    Congratulations!!! What a huge accomplishment! How long did it take you to complete? What’s your next collecting goal?

Jeff
    Been a collector for 58 years but really started on graded coins just in the last 3 + years. Roosevelt dimes have always been my favorite. Completed a 65fb set, then a 66fb set. Then my dear friend Gary ( Ilikemonsters ) helped me tremendously in obtaining my 67fb set. 2+ years on that. Danny had a hand in it too. Future goals ??? 67+fb is out of my financial reach although I do have quite a few in 67+fb.

• Options

My last one to complete it was the 63P. There's only 2 graded in 67+fb and they are in secure hands. It's a $ 6000 coin. Not happening. I'm happy with my set now. I'll continue to upgrade the clad portion when upgrades become available.
    I need to purchase a Washington Qtr in ms64 to complete the silver series as well as the 2014 Gold Kennedy to complete that series in proof & circ. strikes.

• Options

@QBert said:
    Took me 12 years

QBert Is your set in the Registry ? If so, under what name ?

• Options

Got me curious so I went back and checked. I have 25 of the 48 that need pictures. Maybe I need to make that happen.

• Options

@Tom147 said:

@QBert said:
    Took me 12 years

QBert Is your set in the Registry ? If so, under what name ?

Fred’s Roosies (Silver)