Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1839 Large Cent, Head of 1840

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 31, 2022 9:24AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I hope someone here won this auction this morning... if so... Congrats! I was watching from the sidelines...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great example of super nice surface quality and minimal distracting circulation marks. Where did it sell?

• Options

...on the 'bay...

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options

$717.77 If you want nice stuff, you gotta pony up I suppose.

• Options

@jedm said:
    $717.77 If you want nice stuff, you gotta pony up I suppose.

I was thinking about it when the bidding was $450-500... but then deeper pockets soon took over...

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you have to be a lucky bidder or have the deep pockets.
    That is one great looking coin.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my favorite large cent issues.
    That’s a great example.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful example lkenefic. Love the large cents of 1839.
    Here's one I bought a few years ago.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very nice large cent.... and the price certainly supports it. Cheers, RickO

• Options

1839 is a great year for large cents due to the number of major varieties that year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file