Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

World Grading turn around times?

124»

Comments

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

@jt88 said:
    I have three orders are in grading that was received on 4/7/2022, almost 5 months now.

That's nuts, those times are potentially company-killing, is anyone that patient?

• Options
    EuclidEuclid Posts: 98 ✭✭✭

My econ order was received 3/15 and is still in grading. I'm not that patient and am not planning another sub at this point.

• Options
    Bob13Bob13 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW! I just checked on World coin turn around times:
    Express 25 days
    Regular 85 (!) days
    Econ 100 days

I guess I am glad they are being honest but that is a LONG time. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

My current "Box of 20"

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bob13 said:
    WOW! I just checked on World coin turn around times:
    Express 25 days
    Regular 85 (!) days
    Econ 100 days

I guess I am glad they are being honest but that is a LONG time. Kinda takes the fun out of it.

My Econ order is at 105 business days and just got to QA. Recieved 05/05/2022

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have three orders received on 4/72022. Now two in QA, one in Encapsulation. I will send some more orders next year.

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

that's nuts

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, guess I won't complain as mine were dropped off at the June Baltimore show and getting antsy....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭

I sent a large submission to Great Collections which was received by GC on 4/5/22 ...... Crickets!!!!!!!!!

Multiple emails back and forth to Ian. Hey Ian, I'M NOT HAPPY!!! HEY PCGS, I'M NOT HAPPY!!!!

• Options

Early May Sub, grades popped yesterday or 10/07, just over 5 months.

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dedicated Customers for Sure!

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tcollects said:
    hmmm... that's a big difference, probably a little looser grading and fewer details grades, cheaper, do I get a massage with that too?

A dealer I know sends his world coins to NGC and the few that come back with details grades go to PCGS to get straight graded.

FWIW...

• Options
    ClioClio Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigmarty58 said:
    Dedicated Customers for Sure!

That's beautiful. Let me know if you ever decide to let it go!

I got my grades yesterday. 106 Business days for World Economy

https://numismaticmuse.com/ My Web Gallery

The best collecting goals lie right on the border between the possible and the impossible. - Andy Lustig, "MrEureka"

• Options
    neildrobertsonneildrobertson Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received coins back last week from a regular world submission that was received 5/16. I received my coins from a world econ submission that was received on 4/1 just a few days before that. It was around 130 days for the world econ one and closer to 100 days on the regular.

IG: DeCourcyCoinsEbay: neilrobertson
    "Numismatic categorizations, if left unconstrained, will increase spontaneously over time." -me

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, posting seems to have been the lucky charm and grades just posted for me at 4 months.
    Highlights?
    Well, I got back the 1982 New Hebrides 5 francs in 65 and the 1981 GB currency 10 pence in 65.
    Plus the 1980 Panama 100 Balboas Canal in 69 PL

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had grade results posted yesterday- All England/GB ranging from 1677 to 1910

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.