Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Members Show Las Vegas

This was my second show I ever attended. I went with my buddy who like me wanted to drop off some coins for grading. We signed in just before the end of lunch and they pointed in the direction of the food and told us to go eat. So we finished lunch, finished checking in and dropped off just under 40 coins for grading. They had 2 PCGS representatives checking in coins. We had just one customer ahead of us in both lines. The drop off went well. No questions were answered about the coins being dropped off. We spoke to some of the members from different area of the country and with the dealers, who had some of the the best of the best coins for viewing.. No prices were on the coins but I did ask for a MS-65 1921 Peace Blast White, I have a customer for one. Best thing was I tied a small vacation into the delivery of my coins to PCGS, now I must hope they get mailed back home and don't get lost in transit. I had a nice time and so did my buddy. I will do it again ..

Comments

• braddickbraddick Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

What were some of the coins you dropped off for grading if you don't mind me asking?

peacockcoins

• HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I have an original roll of 1878-CC so I took 5 of the best ones. Plus, 1879-CC, 2-1882-O/S, 1879 gem PL. 1882-CC, 1885-CC, 1890, 1899, 1881-CC, 1879-S, 1888-S, 1903-O, 1893-O and some were doubles. I did not send these it because they were MS coins but I sent these in because they have a real shot at great value from 64 to 65's with a possible MS-66 grade.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HiBucky... Thanks for the report. And those sound like some really nice coins submitted.... Especially those CC coins (always interested in those). Let us know how they grade... Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes on your submittals.
    Hope that they grade out to your expectations.
    Let us know when you get the grades.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

DId you just pop in for one day? How much time did you spend in Vegas. Legend had a big auction, did you view any lots?

• HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Spent 3 days in LV. I did not have any interest in buying anything nor did I review the auction material. I asked about 2 coins a 1921 Peace Dollar and I am looking for a Blast White 1916 quarter. I really liked going to the show so did my buddy.,, As for the results I will let you guys know the results when I get them back. JB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file