Home Sports Talk

Any chance Darin and 2dueces are both still alive?

JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 24, 2022 8:15PM in Sports Talk

Unreal

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me say it for the third time.

INSANITY!!!!!!!

I’m BS because I lost $270 that I had won but silly me there was 13 seconds on the clock.

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are a Buffalo fan, it sucks. Poor coaching because they should have made K.C. waste time on a short kick-off.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing game. I never thought I'd see a better divisional playoff game than the 1981 SD-Miami OT game but this one surpassed that one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really don't like the overtime rules.. Ridiculous.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

This will be an epic battle for years to come. Congratulations to the Chiefs.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    If you are a Buffalo fan, it sucks. Poor coaching because they should have made K.C. waste time on a short kick-off.

Why no squib kick? The Bucs also didn't squib kick. Big mistakes.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    This will be an epic battle for years to come. Congratulations to the Chiefs.

Sure, but add LAC into that battle bc once they get their defense improved, Herbert becomes a major impact as much as Mahomes and Allen. 3 best QB's in the game right now.

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:

Not a squib kick, but something like 5 yard line where the Rams would have been forced to run it back. That would have wasted at least 5 or 6 seconds out of the 13.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

For the Chiefs game, I think the odds are far greater of a long return than getting into field goal range from the 25 with 13 seconds left. The Bills had the #1 defense in the NFL this year. I would put that D against going 50 yards in 10-12 seconds over rolling the dice with my kickoff return coverage. Has any team ever driven that far starting with 13 seconds left to tie a game before without a hail mary?

For the Bucs game, that missed field goal loomed large. Also, I think these super close games show the dangers of being uber aggressive on 4th down instead of kicking field goals. Titans got stopped on 4th down in field goal range, lost by 3. Bucs stopped on downs twice in field goal range, lost by 3.

Robb

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 9:57AM

@BillJones said:

@thisistheshow said:

@BillJones said:

Not a squib kick, but something like 5 yard line where the Rams would have been forced to run it back. That would have wasted at least 5 or 6 seconds out of the 13.

Needs to be a squib kick otherwise you can simply call for a fair catch even in the field of play with the ball coming out to the 25. That's a semi recent rule change

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the kickoff fair catch was only in College Football. That is moving the ball to the 25.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 6:15PM

@Brick said:
    I thought the kickoff fair catch was only in College Football. That is moving the ball to the 25.

Fair catch on NFL Kick offs

The receiving team has the right to call for a fair catch during a kickoff, just like during a punt. Once a player calls for a fair catch, he has the right to catch the ball without any kind of interference from the kicking team.

What makes a touchback?

If a kicked ball, either as a result of a punt, kickoff or missed field goal, touches the ground in the opposing team’s end zone, rolls out of the back-end zone or touches the goal post, the play is ruled a touchback and the ball will be spotted at the 25-yard line. Touchbacks will also be called if the receiver waves for a fair catch before catching the ball or takes a knee once the ball is caught

It was put in place to try to eliminate as many kick offs as possible to cut down on injuries

mark

• MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

They're alive, but full from eating a big slice of humble pie...

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 7:05PM

@MisterTim1962 said:
    They're alive, but full from eating a big slice of humble pie...

I've been a Chiefs fan for over 50 years, haven't been humbled yet even in the 80's when they were really bad.
    Are you new here? Seems like from the few posts I've read you have a really grating personality.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • MisterTim1962MisterTim1962 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

Sorry, thought you were a Bills fan like 2deuces. He did a lot of trash talking when the Bills "destroyed" the Pats. Just giving him a taste of his own medicine.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MisterTim1962 - You've done more than that and it would be best if you toned things down a bit.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.