Home U.S. Coin Forum

NEWP Capped Bust Quarter for the 7070 Type Set... thoughts, opinions, GTG...

lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Everyone... This one is on the way...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.

Comments

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF35 recovering from and old dip or light cleaning.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

VF details for an old wipe is my first thought. I'm not at all familiar with the series is this a variety of some kind?

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 320 ✭✭✭

Obverse looks XF reverse looks VF so I’ll guess XF40.

• bustiebustie Posts: 13 ✭✭

Looks to be a B-1, R.3. Not sure about the tongue on the eagle though.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin captured my exact thoughts.
    I’ll also add that I love that massive obverse die break.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat. Is that reverse clashing on the face from the shield.

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Meltdown said:
    Neat. Is that reverse clashing on the face from the shield.

That's part of the die break... follow the die break up from the date...

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • The_Dinosaur_ManThe_Dinosaur_Man Posts: 834 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it as a VF-30. That die break though!

Custom album maker and numismatic photographer, see my portfolio here: (http://www.donahuenumismatics.com/).

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like the coin, especially with the die crack.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2022 12:12PM

Will you crack it and put in the album or are you working on a virtual 7070? I like the coin, I'm between VF30 and VF35. It yo had to nail me down, I would say VF30.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

@relicsncoins said:
    Will you crack it and put in the album or are you working on a virtual 7070? I like the coin, I'm between VF30 and VF35. It yo had to nail me down, I would say VF30.

When it comes to my Type Set... I'm "on crack" ;-) Seriously though... yes, I'll crack this coin out and put it in my album.

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

B1 with the characteristic die break across Ms. Lib. I'll go 40 if the grading room was in a good mood that day, 35 if neutral, 30 if in a bad mood.......... I like the coin,

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin with interesting die break. Cheers, RickO

Thanks everyone... I'll image the coin again once I have it in-hand... I spent a little more than I wanted to, but that die break was just too cool to pass up.

• pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed this yesterday. Was going to say VF35 with the same issues as @amwldcoin suggested ...

... and I absolutely LOVE the die crack on this one!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • 1TwoBits1TwoBits Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I was XF, and like the B-1 die crack, nice quarter!

1TwoBits

Searching for bust quarters.....counterstamps, errors, and AU-MS varieties, please let me know if you can help.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file