Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1972-D Lincoln Cent Obverse Strike-Though Of Reverse & Reverse Possibly D.D.R?

Ok so I've got a doozy here. Please help with a little clarification! What I see here is possibly an obverse strike through error of the reverse! It looks as if the Lincoln Memorial is rotated 180 degrees over Lincoln's head! Also on the reverse it looks like doubling to the East/Northeast to me and is seen in all words and the Lincoln memorial! I looked on VarietyVista, Coppercoins, and Coneca and I can't seem to find anything so I'm leaving it here for help!

THE ONLY THINGS I’M GREAT AT ARE BEING A FATHER TO MY SON CALIBER, HUNTING, AND FISHING! OTHER THAN THAT I NEED A YOUTUBE VIDEO TO TEACH ME LOL!! 🤣😂🤣😂

Comments

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clash die bar cent Lincoln behind bars or in jail. 👍👍🏼👍

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

So is it a decent find? It was out of the coin rolls!! I was kinda organizing everything! And the obverse of this one was yelling “You know you wanna look at me closer!” Lol

THE ONLY THINGS I’M GREAT AT ARE BEING A FATHER TO MY SON CALIBER, HUNTING, AND FISHING! OTHER THAN THAT I NEED A YOUTUBE VIDEO TO TEACH ME LOL!! 🤣😂🤣😂

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jlynn8523 said:
    So is it a decent find? It was out of the coin rolls!! I was kinda organizing everything! And the obverse of this one was yelling “You know you wanna look at me closer!” Lol

A clashed die like that is fun and interesting and with more than a cent. However, it is not a really a very expensive error.

• Options
    m4832m4832 Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Really neat coin.

• Options

Thanks I appreciate your comment! It’s not about the money for me right now it’s about the possibility of value 20-30 years down the road for my son!

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2022 8:08AM

@Jlynn8523 said:
    Thanks I appreciate your comment! It’s not about the money for me right now it’s about the possibility of value 20-30 years down the road for my son!

If it doesn't have much value now, fifty years after it was minted, I don't think another 20-30 years will make much difference. ;)

But it's a nice example of a clashed die and certainly worth keeping. It might help someone understand errors and varieties and how they can occur.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting clashed die cent. No significant premium, but good for educational value. Reverse is machine doubling, common and no premium. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks guys! I appreciate alll you guys and what you do for us new guys! It doesn’t go unnoticed! Thank you!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great find.

@ifthevamzarockin nailed it,
    Obverse die clash with reverse machine doubling. ;)

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file