Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My new 1927 Peace dollar

anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 20, 2022 2:55PM in U.S. Coin Forum

The TrueView image of this coin very closely matches the actual coin. It has nice luster and is graded MS64. I understand toning isn't everyone's cup of tea but I'm trying to find as many crusty colored Peace dollars as I can find to complete the series. This is my 10th Peace dollar (out of 24 regular mint issues, no varieties or VAMs) and they are a welcome change from the sometimes overwhelming Morgan series (of which I need only the 1893-S to complete that series).

Thanks for looking.

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne

Comments

• Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think that’s a very appealing Peace Dollar and not a date you often see with any kind of color.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice example.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.👍🏼

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    gumby1234gumby1234 Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a really nice coin.

Successful BST with ad4400, Kccoin, lablover, pointfivezero, koynekwest, jwitten, coin22lover, HalfDimeDude, erwindoc, jyzskowsi, COINS MAKE CENTS, AlanSki, BryceM

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful example. I would be proud to have that in a collection. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Looks nice, I like it.

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks very clean for a 64. I would've guessed 65 or 66 based on the trueviews.

Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a lovely Peace $1....nice pickup.

• Options
    JW77JW77 Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Simply Marvelous-Looks like a 65

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice looking Peace Dollar.......

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very very very nice!
    The 1927 P is actually a tough date and for peace dollar fans remains a desirable one. I love it!
    Look like maybe was in a coin book?
    Agree with others it could be a 65 or at least a 64+

Very nice pick my friend - I’m jealous! I’m building a collection myself and trying for mostly gem 65s but some 64s and for the 34S I’m still struggling but hope to get there at some point!

Glad to see a fellow Peacer!

;)

• Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Che_Grapes said:
    Very very very nice!
    The 1927 P is actually a tough date and for peace dollar fans remains a desirable one. I love it!
    Look like maybe was in a coin book?
    Agree with others it could be a 65 or at least a 64+

Very nice pick my friend - I’m jealous! I’m building a collection myself and trying for mostly gem 65s but some 64s and for the 34S I’m still struggling but hope to get there at some point!

Glad to see a fellow Peacer!

;)

Thanks and good luck to you in building that set! I don't have a 34-S either and I'm not sure how to approach that date (AU or low MS).

Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. I always have problems coming up with grades on Peace dollars since the design does not have a lot of sharp detail and in my opinion are usually not particularly well struck.

Mark

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent 27' Looks way better than 64 in the picture.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    EbeneezerEbeneezer Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

At least in the upper end of 64, worth a shot at resubmitting. Nice pick up for an under valued date, especially with some color going on.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2022 9:38PM

I really like this coin. Clean portrait. Clean Eagle. Nice character.

It’s exceptional at MS64. This is the sort of coin I would have purchased if the price was remotely reasonable. It seems to be graded conservatively.

Forget Morgans. This series is way more fun! ;)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

A wicked cool nice coin, I like

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

@anablep said:

>

Thanks and good luck to you in building that set! I don't have a 34-S either and I'm not sure how to approach that date (AU or low MS).

My first 4-figure coin purchase was an MS 34-S. Good memories. :)

In the MS 62/63 range the 34-S is indeed a problem. I personally dislike one low-grade coin throwing off the feel of a collection. It’s OK to go with a nice AU58, but finding a really nice one that visually compliments other MS coins will take some looking. They do exist, but will sell for more too, unfortunately.

At the MS64/65 level, the 34-S is just one of many problems in the peace series. :)

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)<3B)

A Beaute!

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a GREAT coin! <3

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice addition to your set.... The big silver coins (Peace and Morgans) are fun to collect. While I am not doin a series, if one of those catches my eye, I often pick it up as just a random add. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    sTONERsTONER Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

thats my type a woman right there, stunning nice find

toner loner
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 27 with luster!!! Very nice!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file