Nice to see, if only for today( $3000 palladium)Gold $2000

Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 6, 2022 4:35PM in Precious Metals

Just like the looks of this😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish that made up for the beating my stocks took yesterday.

• Options

Today is looking better for stocks. Good reports. Give it a little time and perhaps you will gain some back 😉

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bump in silver and gold.... probably will not hold, but fun to watch. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    RobMRobM Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

And, for those interested, an even better screenshot.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

now just hope it holds....not sure why it is going up so much today....but also never sure why it goes down so much other days....would like to see silver break and hold 30 and gold 2000.

• Options
    edited January 19, 2022 1:24PM

👍🏼 I won’t post every time it moves, promise 😉

• Options

A mid-week peak.... Interesting.... Markets are down, looks like people parking money in PM's.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

Short lived, the gutter always disappoints. Glad I did buy the SLV last week though. Slowly increasing the stop loss through this sucker rally. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:
    now just hope it holds....not sure why it is going up so much today....

The German 10 yr yield finally got above 0%.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2022 5:46PM

My gutters are beginning to overflow. This sucker inflation rally will be with us for a while. FED will knock it down a few times but each time it will come back stronger.

The only way the FED can properly tackle inflation is way beyond what its masters will allow.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

24.70 1853.00. Up up and away 👍🏼

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2022 8:09PM

Demand for physical is increasing. COMEX is losing its grip on bending laws of supply and demand and the lessons of economics 101 as it's warehouses bleed physical metal. Normally the natural laws of economics would reflect a much higher increases in futures spot price in the face of current warehouse physical declines. Normality will return.

Availability of minted coins from sovereign mints is rapidly declining. At APMEX a single one ounce AGE carries a 5.4% premium while a single ASE can be had by those willing to pay a whopping 44.7% premium. Kudos to those who feared not the previously much lower extra premium and stacked ASEs over the years; they will get their small premiums back in multiples.

Thunderstorm approaching - "well done" to those with enough gutters. B)

Massive deliveries at Shanghia (cash and carry), COMEX (futures market) and metal ETFs

The control of physical PM prices is done only through the control of spot prices. Once the physical market wakes up to the fact that they are two completely different markets the physical price spread will grow. We are already seeing this will silver. As the spread grows it will pull the spot price with it until the futures marketeers remove the "take delivery" option and thereby finally severing the only relationship between the two markets.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

Well, it looks like the brief ride is over for a while..... just a resting point I think. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Palladium is charging away and we’ll see silver come along. While the metals are a little bit strange ,how about the stock market 🙀

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    Don’t worry Robert Kiyosaki says the demand for silver is going up as the stock pile of silver is going down.
    I go forward with confidence 😊👍

Yeah that snake has been saying that since 2011. Wonder which company name he is selling silver under? lol

• Options

Well... silver and gold are both peaking right now on inflation news.... We shall see where this goes... Cheers, RickO

• Options

I show gutter down big. What a difference a few minutes (decades) make. Dingleberries would have been a better investment, Oh well, stack on.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    I show gutter down big. What a difference a few minutes (decades) make. Dingleberries would have been a better investment, Oh well, stack on.

Just stay in your seat as the rollercoaster is under way :)
    Just looked still over 23 at the close...when the ride doesnt loop back around, prepare for departure.

• Options

Here’s the close.

• Options

Go gold, like you always do you barbarous ancient relic. Sleep well. RGDS!

• Options

In just moments this afternoon, the other white met (Pd) went up around $160/oz. I am assuming due to geopolitical tensions.

• Options

Should be some interesting days in the next few weeks.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

We got $24 silver ( if only for a minute)😉

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

The market is still controlled. $24 silver is nothing, really.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although I've seen $24 silver dozens of times in the last 10 years, it beats $20 silver B)

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I musta blinked.

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 15, 2022 6:57AM

@blitzdude said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I musta blinked.

Were you napping? :o
    It was Epic :D
    Stay tuned...
    Keep an eye open for todays exciting moments...

Is that enough hyping to keep up with the bitcon team?
    Need some pompom girls in tight fitting shoes.

• Options

Well over on the USCoin forum some mentioned this forum. I come here to check it out and well, do you want more people here or are you happy fighting with each other?😉

• Options

@Jzyskowski1.... Welcome... Join in the fun.... The brawl always needs fresh meat.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

You had to jinx it

• Options

Jim I no sooner posted that then my associate gave me the “don’t jinx it “ look. 🙀🤨

• Options

If not for the humongous premiums, silver would be a pretty good deal right now.

Considering the premiums, you have to ask yourself "what warrants a 40+ % premium? Obviously, there must be a reason.

Supply issues? Price suppression? Market manipulation? Hidden motivations? Pick your poison.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

40+% premiums? Where on earth are you shopping??

• Options

I took a cursory look at ASEs on JMBullion and Apmex. Admittedly, they aren't the low-cost market participants.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

$1900 gold. I don’t know exactly why I get excited but I guess I’m easily amused 👍🏼

• Options

I'd wait until about $2,400 before getting too excited. ;)

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17, 2022 2:40PM

@jmski52 said:
    I'd wait until about $2,400 before getting too excited. ;)

I wont be excited until about 8000 because thats where it would need to be to match the performance of the SP500 over the last 10 years.

And ill be especially excited at 25,000 since thats where it needs to be to match the performance of the SP500 since 1980.

BTW---Silver needs to hit 160 and 800 respectively.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

Gold $1900 Silver $24.
    I enjoy the feeling of the ride. Stacking,collecting , for me is not a living or lifestyle. It’s fun!😉

• Options

👍🏼

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

There Goes Pd:
    CNBC,
    Palladium rose over 3.2% on Wednesday, adding to gains in the autocatalysts driven by fears of a hit to supply from top producer Russia, while gold rose above the key $1,900 level with focus on developments in the Ukraine crisis.

Russia is the world’s third largest producer of gold, while the country’s Nornickel is also a major producer of palladium and platinum, which are both used in catalytic converters to clean car exhaust fumes.

Russia produced 2.6 million troy ounces of palladium last year, or 40% of global mine production, and 641,000 ounces of platinum, or about 10% of total mine production.

While it was “still too early” to tell if supply issues would materialize, “if we see a set of sanctions that reduce financing and free flow of the material to the rest of the world, we could see a significant tightening of conditions for palladium probably in the not too distant future,” said Bart Melek, head of commodity strategies at TD Securities.

Platinum group metals could see a “pretty significant rally” with palladium likely to reach record highs seen last year over $3,000 an ounce, Melek added.

Silver rose 0.6% to $24.23 per ounce and platinum advanced 1.1% to $1,087.83.

Spot gold rose 1.06% to $24.34 per ounce by 1459 GMT, having hit a near nine-month high of $1,913.89 on Tuesday. U.S. gold futures fell 0.1% to $1,904.60.

The U.S. and its allies unveiled more sanctions against Russia on Wednesday over its recognition of two separatist areas in eastern Ukraine.

“Should fears over geopolitical tensions subside, that would leave the Fed’s policy tightening path as bullion’s primary driver, with further climbs in real Treasury yields likely to unwind the geopolitical risk premiums currently baked into gold prices,” Han Tan, chief market analyst at Exinity said.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:

There Goes Pd:

Hard to believe that a forum member actually tried to pawn an ounce of this stuff off for the outrageous price of $2400 shipped in the Jan PM BST. :p

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobM said:
    @MilesWaits said:

There Goes Pd:

Hard to believe that a forum member actually tried to pawn an ounce of this stuff off for the outrageous price of $2400 shipped in the Jan PM BST. :p

I picked up a half oz of palladium for $1000 as a christmas present to myself... Buy the dip

From my understanding Palladium is the canary in the coal mine , and differs from Gold and Silver markets that have a seemingly endless supply of paper contracts that can be tossed around to effect the prices of the metals.

Palladium doesn't have nearly the supply and the MMs have less ammo (paper contracts) to influence prices...
    Couple that with an actual Deficit in the Metal and the geopolitical issues and Sanctions on a major world producer (40%) and this could get interesting real quick

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

There she blows, Palladium!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

😉

• Options
    edited March 1, 2022 9:13AM

On up up up it goes Better check palladium 👍🏼

And palladium, down down down $100 in a couple hours.
    Roller coaster 🎢 silver over $25.
    Love the ride 🙀

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Long GDX paired with Short QQQ

• Options

• Options

so now you finally start highlighting the palladium price:) I tried to get you to do that back on Jan 19 lol.