MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 20, 2022 2:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Maybe here?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thread already on this for more than a week

Check in more often

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jkrkjkrk Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 6:54PM

Am I glad this was posted again.

I believe I see the package I shipped?

At least I can prove it made it to LA.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is that guy doing with a shopping bag?

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

Cleaning up.

• Options
    pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep looking but I don’t see the UPS employee that took my coins. I need a better screen.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:
    @jmlanzaf said:
    @pcgscacgold said:

Careful, guys- you could get scolded for posting in the wrong thread. Don't you know there's been a thread already on this for more than a week?

• Options

I could prove I wasn't here a week ago.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2022 8:57PM

@MasonG said:

@jkrk said:
    @jmlanzaf said:
    @pcgscacgold said:

Careful, guys- you could get scolded for posting in the wrong thread. Don't you know there's been a thread already on this for more than a week?

Some day, people will learn to stop using click bait titles and we'll be able to find things more easily.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Must be a ebayer.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jkrk said:
    Am I glad this was posted again.

I believe I see the package I shipped?

At least I can prove it made it to LA.

It's really not about making it to LA, but about making it out FROM LA.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Shopping for things he forgot b4 when he was there.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Check in more often

But that's the point! His post isn't where it's supposed to be, it's messy and spread out, lost strayed or stolen... 😂

100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options

Just go to a local pawn shop. You'll find your missing stuff, coins included.

Pete

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can they make these traps human sized and then bait them with Amazon packages???

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t they have railroad police? I see them drive by all the time here in my area.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2022 8:26AM

Were living in a third world country now, and its only going to get worse

I got a few missing packages as well, would not be surprised if it in this pile of stuff

• Options

@Type2 said:
    Don’t they have railroad police? I see them drive by all the time here in my area.

Yea.............they DRIVE BY.................

Pete

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steven59 said:
    Can they make these traps human sized and then bait them with Amazon packages???

How the heck do you clear a trap like that?!

Tough to do, if you want to do the live release thing.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2022 9:07AM

(The photos are real but do not depict reality.)

2 threads that don't depict reality????

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

These pictures showed up on Tucker Carlson's Fox News program last night regarding the homeless. Here is the background.

Martin v. Boise was a 2018 decision by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in response to a 2009 lawsuit by six homeless plaintiffs against the city of Boise, Idaho regarding the city's anti-camping ordinance.The ruling held that cities cannot enforce anti-camping ordinances if they do not have enough homeless shelter beds available for their homeless population. The decision was based on the Eighth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution's prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment.

In 2019, the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear an appeal of the case, leaving the precedent intact in the nine Western states under the jurisdiction of the Ninth Circuit (Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington).

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2022 11:06AM

Well-intentioned and informative, but here we go over the edge... :o

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I’m missing 2 shipments from the mint but Union Pacific in LA would only touch them if they are lost.

Unfortunately lost packages from the mint happen

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is OT garbage. No humor intended.

• Options
    steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

Shopping?

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • Options

@Type2 said:

Don't need police, they only need DNR. C&R you know.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2022 9:18PM

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    I find it interesting on how one (a few) photos are use to bash this Great Nation.

I suspect these (same) photos will be USED for years just like the homeless camp photos.

The photos are real but do not depict reality.

Meritorious points, but doubt any of us need homeless camp photos to recognize reality if we live in a city of any size. Just drive across any large city.

Not sure that acknowledging a problem that needs to be remedied is a bashing of the Nation itself though. In addressing the homeless problem there is definitely a fine line between helping and enabling whether on the community, state, or national level.

Getting back to topic of OP's post though, the same thing arguably relates to the evident increase in crimes such as the theft of packages containing coins. This thread is helpful in reminding as to the importance of taking safeguards, including insurance, when we ship our coins.

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    This is an abominable disgrace, and we, as a nation, should be ashamed that things have deteriorated so far. I am sure it is not yet over, and fear for our society. Cheers, RickO

Much of Florida looks like that these days. Floridians like to throw trash out of their cars. There's trash everywhere. Freedom!

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steelielee said:

@jmlanzaf said:

Shopping?

Shopping for those five fingered discounts.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

@ricko said:
    This is an abominable disgrace, and we, as a nation, should be ashamed that things have deteriorated so far. I am sure it is not yet over, and fear for our society. Cheers, RickO

Much of Florida looks like that these days. Floridians like to throw trash out of their cars. There's trash everywhere. Freedom!

I live in Florida and I haven't seen anything remotely close to what was shown in the above picture. :#

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

It amazes me when someone feels this is just a spurious incident when "According to figures reported by UP, more than 90 containers were vandalized every day on average in Los Angeles County in the last quarter of 2021." Oh yes, I figure for sure these photos will be used over and over as they are happening every day. Realize this is just Los Angeles County alone.
    Shipping the value coins I ship, I'll continue to utilize U.S.P.S. and insure them, but for those here who ship valuable, maybe even irreplaceable items, I believe I would use a bonded service to deliver the items, supposing PCGS, NGC or ANACS would allow such a delivery to be made.
    Jim

• Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Barberian said:

@ricko said:

I live in Florida and I haven't seen anything remotely close to what was shown in the above picture. :#

I live in Florida as well. You've got to get off the major highways, which are maintained by work crews. Look around Dunnellon and Brooksville (recent siting of heavy roadside litter), or the back roads around Homestead and Florida City where borrow pits are filled with literally hundreds of thousands of bottles (I actually estimated this once at several borrow pits based upon numbers of bottles seen walking around the perimeter). Better yet, come out with me on a trash clean-up. I just pulled eight 35-gal trash cans full of bottles, cans, plastic, and other trash out of only a 100-foot-long section of roadway. The State even has to pay workers as well as crews of prisoners to pick up trash all the time.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Check in more often

good to see again ... better pics

• Options
    DisneyFanDisneyFan Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Barberian said:

I live in Florida as well. You've got to get off the major highways, which are maintained by work crews. Look around Dunnellon and Brooksville (recent siting of heavy roadside litter), or the back roads around Homestead and Florida City where borrow pits are filled with literally hundreds of thousands of bottles (I actually estimated this once at several borrow pits based upon numbers of bottles seen walking around the perimeter). Better yet, come out with me on a trash clean-up. I just pulled eight 35-gal trash cans full of bottles, cans, plastic, and other trash out of only a 100-foot-long section of roadway. The State even has to pay workers as well as crews of prisoners to pick up trash all the time.

Time to move!

Florida City, Florida ranked as number three in the top 100 most dangerous cities in America, with a violent crime rate of 22.75 per 1,000 people. Florida City is also ranked as the most dangerous city in Florida.

This discussion has been closed.