Home U.S. Coin Forum

Unknown 1975 Error Penny?

FIRST POST! I'm 28 and have fallen in love with U.S. coin collecting. My Mom was a banker and got me started. In the early 2000's she found this. And until I got my start I had no idea, just how interesting it was. I want to ask your guys' and gals' opinions. How amazing is this exactly? Cause I'm fauning!!
Thank you!!!

PLUR
US Coins FTW!

Comments

• PLUR
    US Coins FTW!

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12, 2022 3:59PM

Glue on the surface with the impression of another coin.

Not an error coin, sorry.

Welcome to the forum :)

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but it's only glue or adhesive that had another coin pressed into it. It's not an error and didn't leave the mint like that.

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

agreeing with glue

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Ah, well. I saw the shiny-ness. But the shoulder showing through the other layer of image had me pondering. Okay, well dang. Good thing it was free! Thanks friends!

PLUR
    US Coins FTW!

• ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stick around as this probably the best place to learn about US coinage.

• Hey, it's fun to look at and it got me more interested in errors. I will be browsing around. Thanks again

PLUR
    US Coins FTW!

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome and post pictures of your new finds. Coin collecting is a very broad field with many fun and inexpensive ways to get started. As you go you’ll learn about the rest.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GillyMonstah said:
    Ah, well. I saw the shiny-ness. But the shoulder showing through the other layer of image had me pondering. Okay, well dang. Good thing it was free! Thanks friends!

Then you’re already ahead—it’s worth one cent and you paid zero!

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soak it in acetone and the glue will dissolve - or keep it as such in a 2x2 as an example of a "Glued coin"

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GillyMonstah... Welcome aboard. If you are a coin collector, then this is the place to be. Lots of experts here that willingly share their knowledge. Free education. And some amazing coins are shown daily.... Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome @GillyMonstah
    First, I am jealous of your pictures and second, sorry but that is definitely a glue patch on the coin.
    When I first discovered one in my younger years, it made my heart go pitter, patter. lol
    Keep up the search.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just think that the person who made this actually had a detached memorial building which was cooler than the fake they made. Welcome to the forum and keep up the search.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like glue to me

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang it! More competition :D
    I have one of those too and I kept it just in case I decided these guys were wrong - But they're not.
    Best of luck!

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW - NICE Photos!!!

Usually, we get blurry messes, which make it hard to give definitive answers!

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file