Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone hear from Bruce?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2, 2022 11:32PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Bruce hasn't been on since Nov 11, which seems like a long time without a login.

I miss his posts and just want to make sure everything is ok.

Anyone in touch with him?

Tagged:

Comments

• cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m sure he is fine. Laura actively posts to the CAC forums where many people know him personally . I’m sure she would have made a post if he was ill. He probably is just busy with his family and the holidays.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is good to check on members periodically when they seem 'missing'.... Hope all is well with Bruce. Cheers, RickO

• SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

He was on the OFR yesterday.

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭

@saintguru hasn't been around for the longest time & I'd love more discussion about saints on here.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC, He and a forum member had a confrontation in a thread, I remember suggesting he not go.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 9:32AM

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    IIRC, He and a forum member had a confrontation in a thread, I remember suggesting he not go.

Agree. Nov 11 was an unfortunate date and I remember the thread, when it comes up. Otherwise, I try not to think about it.

That being said, Bruce has had a thick skin and you need one to post on Internet forums.

I hope he's okay and returns in the future. I miss his posts, perspectives and coins.

• vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Strangely was thinking of him yesterday and surprised to see this thread now.

Hope all is well.

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it really turned him off when some members here disparaged him for posting his three big coins to one of threads.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    I think it really turned him off when some members here disparaged him for posting his three big coins to one of threads.

I didn't realize that he was so sensitive. :o

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

@PerryHall said:

@DCW said:

I didn't realize that he was so sensitive. :o

Probably not so sensitive but more like being sensible and taking the higher path to just stay away from those that were getting peeved with his posting the holy trinity because not everyone gets to play in that sandbox. If D. L. Hansen had started to post his coins, would a similar response have been elicited from the members? ;)

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

Sad if true.
    Some members disparage for sport and Bruce must have a pretty premier filter in place by now.

@Justacommeman said:
    Notice that NEWPS threads are down significantly. There is a reason.

For myself, I'll say that my NEWS continue to be very strong but I've dramatically slowed my posts in that thread as I've gotten very busy with the holiday season.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 11:02AM

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    I order to stay here, you must have extremely thick skin.

You must also have to have the ability not to respond to some really idiotic statements made on this coin forum.

Yes but there comes a time when it's just not worth it anymore. Why bother when it's no longer fun

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 11:04AM

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

You must also have to have the ability not to respond to some really idiotic statements made on this coin forum.

Yes but after afterall it's just not worth it anymore. Why bother when it's no longer fun

m

Because I personally learn something new from this coin forum almost every day.

Plus there are still some very cool people here.

Of course we have the trolls, and some have been here for years :o

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:

If you can’t show off your nice coins here, where can you?

edited January 3, 2022 11:39AM

@Smudge said:

@DCW said:

Instagram is the new place.

I wonder if we'll see him there?

• DCWDCW Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think he sold that "Holy Trinity" shortly afterward. Coincidence?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

Yes but there comes a time when it's just not worth it anymore. Why bother when it's no longer fun

m

Exactly. I reached that conclusion on posting about CAC issues. Just wasnt worth it to me anymore on this forum. Luckily after I made that decision another option opened up minus the nonsense.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 12:25PM

@Gazes said:

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

m

Exactly. I reached that conclusion on posting about CAC issues. Just wasnt worth it to me anymore on this forum. Luckily after I made that decision another option opened up minus the nonsense.

Ironically, there was a recently closed thread on the CAC forum disparaging TPGS's.

And given the number of PCGS banned forum members over there, there will be drama.

edited January 3, 2022 12:24PM

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gazes said:

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

m

Ironically, there was a recently closed thread on the CAC forum disparaging TPGS's.

And given the number of banned forum members over there, there will be drama.

When the forum was launched, I gave my opinion that CAC forum would be successful if:

1. they didn't ban members
    2. they had good forum software

Seems like they have started banning members there.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,843 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gazes said:

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

m

When the forum was launched, I gave my opinion that CAC forum would be successful if:

Seems like the banning has started.

I should clarify, I meant PCGS banned forum members. I don't know that CAC has banned anyone.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gazes said:

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

m

I should clarify, I meant PCGS banned forum members. I don't know that CAC has banned anyone.

They have.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gazes said:

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

m

They have.

Just look for the "deleted user and content" in threads over there.

edited January 3, 2022 1:06PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Even the OFR which is the penal colony of the Internet have banned posters.

m

My understanding is that ATS doesn’t ban users, but their forum software isn’t the best.

@bolivarshagnasty said:

ColonelJessup seems to have been a casualty there as well :o

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

m

I heard they banned Papillon.

@Smudge said:

@DCW said:

Coin Facts. Most of his trophy coins are imaged in Coin Facts.

@Justacommeman said:

m

What is OFR?

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

My understanding is that ATS doesn’t ban users, but their forum software isn’t the best.

They will ban users, but it takes a lot more misbehaving than most any other coin forums. And imo the software ats is just as easy to use as here and easier than the one CAC is using.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
    edited January 3, 2022 1:38PM

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gazes said:

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

m

They have.

Colonel Jessup wasn’t banned. He asked for his account to be deleted on the CAC Forums.

@cameonut2011 said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

What is OFR?

Open Forum Refuge

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 1:45PM

It appears I am going to land on the side of being an individual that would have helped run him off

At best the holy trinity post was an inadvertent hijack, imo.

I thought about saying something but let it go.

I’m only bringing it up now as a voice that shares the opinion.

I think what could run people off is the non-OHSA compliant riding of people’s butts.

However, as a long-timer I do agree you have to just learn to live with the wannabe forum police like me.

Just to point out this, the legend market report preceded the sale. It indicated a bubble (my word) and I think the sale was one into the bubble instead of quitting the hobby over a small forum disagreement.

He, like many, adds to the forum mostly. Sorry to see him go.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@cameonut2011 said:

Colonel Jessup wasn’t banned. He asked for his account to be deleted on the CAC Forums.

Oh! Okay. Thanks.
    Is he taking a hiatus? He had a lot of knowledge to share.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Zoins said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gazes said:

@Justacommeman said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:

m

They have.

Maybe he's headed for the Dark Web.

I'm not entirely sure what that is, but I see it mentioned on TV shows. :smile:

Maybe he'll bring his burner phone.

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 1:58PM

@vulcanize said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

Heh, that was the catalyst that finally made me check out the CAC forum. Looks like he went out in a blaze of glory. Anything less would have been out of character, I suppose. He stated (perhaps in jest) that he should start a blog. I, for one, hope he goes through with it!

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 2:04PM

@CoinJunkie said:

@vulcanize said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

Heh, that was the catalyst that finally made me check out the CAC forum. Looks like he went out in a blaze of glory. Anything less would have been out of character, I suppose. He stated (perhaps in jest) that he should start a blog. I, for one, hope he goes through with it!

Just don’t add your own comments until QDB himself has approved them!

And to redirect for the way this thread has gone, it seems a number of us have been on the receiving end of rump roasting from not only him but others.

We do have an idea of what it’s like.

The high heat can be tempered tho.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

@vulcanize said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Oh! Okay. Thanks.

Rumor has it he’s helping Antonio Brown market his rap album….

• NicNic Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Rick ( Colonel Jessup) seems to be on his Antonio Brown tour minus ripping off his uniform and doing jumping jacks in the end zone bare chested

m

https://youtu.be/nBmK2mS5_TY

Wow. Was thinking that same thing this morning Mark.

Happy New Year!

edited January 3, 2022 3:10PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Same Kevin !! Is the band still getting together at FUN? If so send my regards

mark

edited January 3, 2022 2:37PM

@Zoins said:

@Justacommeman said:

m

As mentioned prior they do. I haven't been over there in years but I do remember Crypto managing to get banned in spectacular fashion. But it did indeed take along time

m

@CoinJunkie said:

@vulcanize said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

I agree fully. I think the forums are headed the way that AnkurJ's unofficial CAC forum went - there were a small residual number of members (including me), but traffic was so low that it did not make sense to continue hosting it.

@vulcanize said:

@cameonut2011 said:

Oh! Okay. Thanks.

No. He was annoyed to say the least and asked for his account to be permanently deleted.

• RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2022 2:53PM

That is very unfortunate. I’m sorry to see this happen.

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have the inside knowledge of CJ’s ongoing feud with Legend but I think I would have preferred more sharing of knowledge and insight than screeds and self promotion.

From what I have seen since I rejoined the forum I would rather have Skip back here as I learned a lot from him and his manner (outside of a few political things) was very good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file