Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ring in the New Year with some New Cards...Let's See Them!

I picked this up...Roberto's last Topps card w/his complete career stats.

mint_only_pls

Comments

• Options
    balco758balco758 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow amazing centering!!. How is the back?

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Balco758...

Usual off-centering on the back for 73s but slightly better than normal for the issue.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brown rookie has some great corners and centering - awesome looking card. Keith Jr has been looking at them for a while.

• Options

Thanks KC. Although I think UFFDAH just dropped the mic..!

• Options
    JakeR2234JakeR2234 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

WOW Chris! HUGE congrats! Not sure you can top that one of the GOAT!

PC Walter Payton - Bear Down!

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH ...... if you need any help paying your electric bill ~ I'll call ya. :)

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    Needed this Rose '84 Tiffany for the set registry...... pop. 1/17... how is that possible?

Perhaps I don't understand what you mean by 1/17??

• Options

@daltex. ~ it's a population 17 in PSA 10 according to the PSA population report... incredibly low number for an 80's card but than again its Tiffany...

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    @daltex. ~ it's a population 17 in PSA 10 according to the PSA population report... incredibly low number for an 80's card but than again its Tiffany...

Pretty limited set. Less than 3000 10s overall, including just 23 Ryans, for example. When I see a pop number like 1/17 I think that it means that there is 1 in the grade and 17 higher, but that's obviously not what is meant for a 10.

• Options

@Bporter26........ love me sum of that Bradshaw.... splendid eye sir!! ~now you got me motivated... GRATZI.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Happy New Year everyone!!

My biggest card purchase to date.

I sold my 58 Brown PSA 8.5 privately for a record price to help make it happen. I still have my 58 Brown PSA 8 that I pack pulled.

Especially nice since you had it regraded and it got the bump. Great Call!

I am still waiting for the Brown to go back up before I sell my PSA 7. I still need a down payment on a HELLCAT >:)

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cakes - hell yeah on the HELLCAT!!! WOOT WOOT!!

• Options
    edited January 6, 2022 2:29PM

Love the Bradshaw. A perfect 6.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow never seen that Philly Sayers, what a great card!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

LCS pick up for my Cubs PC. One of my favorite players.

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Am really excited for these two and cannot stop looking at them.

I have been searching for the right '56 Clemente in a 7 to no avail. This 5 popped up on the Net54 boards and I couldn't pass it up. The color pops in person and the centering is outstanding on both front and back.

The 1966 Bears Play featuring Sayers I didn't even know existed until I saw it in an auction a couple of weeks ago. I was thrilled to win it. I instantly fell in love with this card as it's simple design reminds me of 1953 Bowman color. I have always been a big Bears fan but never really started collecting much football. I think the Topps cards with no logos turned me off when I was a kid. I have had fun buying Justin Fields cards and this card may well get me to start collecting some of the Bears' greats.

Wow, that Sayers card is incredible. I collect vintage Bears and I too have never seen that card. And the photo was taken his rookie year. It would be a nice companion to his 1966 Philadelphia rookie card. Very cool.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:

Wow, that Sayers card is incredible. I collect vintage Bears and I too have never seen that card. And the photo was taken his rookie year. It would be a nice companion to his 1966 Philadelphia rookie card. Very cool.

Yes it would look great with his rookie. I did know it was from the same set and it is sort of like a rookie “in action” card. Glad others like it as much as I do.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

@Chicago1976 said:

Yes it would look great with his rookie. I did know it was from the same set and it is sort of like a rookie “in action” card. Glad others like it as much as I do.

it is from the same set.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@brad31 said:

@Chicago1976 said:

it is from the same set.

If only I used grammar correctly - I knew not I did know :)

• Options
    cgfalconecgfalcone Posts: 92 ✭✭✭

@Mikeygiggs_336699 said:
    Underrated great! 8 career 50+ point games including a 60 point game on Christmas Day 1984

Agreed that Bernard King doesn’t get enough recognition. His career numbers would have been a lot better if not for that terrible knee injury. I’ve been meaning to grab one of his rookie cards.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rmh111985 said:
    Just a few arrivals this week:

love the Edge!

Looking for FB HOF Rookies